Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom Live stream ??

Options
  • 16-08-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi anyone know where i can watch the Sony Gamescom Conference, i can view in in Home but incase that fails where else has it on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's not like Sony to be late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

its been leaked that the ps3 has a 26% price cut, Amazon came out with that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ok so just kicked off, popcorn at the ready.

So votes in now, how many Uncharted games they gonna show? 2.......6........17?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

yes man is really annoying me with his constant hand movements

lol did ye hear ye man, the flashs are making him dizzy lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will relic be announcing there new rts at this? or is that at a different convention?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

GET DIVERSITY OFF AND SHOW ME MORE GAMES!!

Will relic be announcing there new rts at this? or is that at a different convention?

Probably on the showfloor, or if THQ have a conference.

€99 PSP.....SONY, WHY YOU NO WANT ME TO HAVE MONEY?

Crosáidí wrote: »
    GET DIVERSITY OFF AND SHOW ME MORE GAMES!!

Anything happen after that? When I saw they were doing a dance routine I turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Anything happen after that? When I saw they were doing a dance routine I turned it off.

Not really PS3 reduced to 249, PSP down to 99 other than that not much, Vita games are looking great but no release date for the console. After party was a huge disappointment, only had vita's on display no uncharted 3 or resistance 3. Vita's area amazing will be importing straight away.

Oh and 24" 3DTV with 2 glasses for 499. Very expensive.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »

They showed some of Uncharted 3 at the end, it'll defo be game of the year, looks stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

They showed some of Uncharted 3 at the end, it'll defo be game of the year, looks stunning

Wouldn't be so sure of that :)

Magill wrote: »
    Wouldn't be so sure of that :)

Well theres so many good games coming out, it'll be tough one
    Deus Ex
    Skyrim
    BF3
    GOW3
    SW:KOTR
    Arkham City
    SR3

Saw BF3 playing live co-op mode on PS3 on a 60 foot screen, its looked better than U3. U3 still looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Saw BF3 playing live co-op mode on PS3 on a 60 foot screen, its looked better than U3. U3 still looks class.

Yeah ? They have console footage there ?? DETAILS !!!

EA press conference had two guys from dice playing in co-op on PS3 looks much better than it did at E3. Will get a better look thursday will give more details then. Co-op looks class

Looks class, damn I need a Motherboard and Processor upgrade.....SOON!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gunmonkey wrote: »

Looks good!

Gunmonkey wrote: »

Thats the PS3 version, looks fantastic.

Played RAGE for about an hour today also on PS3 and its amazing looking, plays really well, like borderlands and Fallout's love child but with awesome graphics. Went from a decent interest in it to a day 1 purchase.

Played Darkness 2 its good but the graphics are gone like borderlands, looks like a comic, not sure if it will stay like that but i didnt like it that way, game splays well though..

Future soldier on Xbox plays like a dream looks amazing can't wait for it.

Prey 2 and Dishonored look intereting Prey 2 is a new story it doesn't follow from 1, you play a new guy called Cillian who was on the crashed airliner that Tommy comes across in 1. his time its open world RPG style, think FPS MAss effect and you are pretty close. You work as a bounty hunter. There is more to the story but thats all they showed us. Dishonored is strange its set in a city created by the same guy who built City 17 and its a strange place like london in the 1600 but with modern tech on old fashion guns etc its strange but looks interesting.

Darksiders 2 looks really good and metro last light looks brilant too they have fixed lots of the issues from 2033.

Wrecked after the day, played some resistance 3 in 3d its stunning cant wait.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I don't know. After the first day, I didn't see anything much that interested me. I gave up standing in line for BF3. The picture of the Abrams they had on the wall was backwards anyway.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Well theres so many good games coming out, it'll be tough one
    Deus Ex
    Skyrim
    BF3
    GOW3
    SW:KOTR
    Arkham City
    SR3

Any of those could easily be runner up to Dark Souls.

Speaking of which, any news on Dark Souls from any of the lads over there?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Any of those could easily be runner up to Dark Souls.

Speaking of which, any news on Dark Souls from any of the lads over there?

Yea went into the dark souls stand, started playing, 5 mins later was dead and was wondering why i was playing a game that will take me hours to settle into at a stand.

Looks pretty much the same im sure thats a good thing.

I don't know. After the first day, I didn't see anything much that interested me. I gave up standing in line for BF3. The picture of the Abrams they had on the wall was backwards anyway.

NTM

Did you see the Need for speed girls they not interest you ?? ;)

Yea stood at BF3 queue for 2 mins then gave up went to ghost recon. Will be meeting EA tomorrow so will play it there.

The woman was standing next to a Shelby Cobra. Big deal, I see those routinely at home.

Word is that the World of Tanks strippers have been told not to perform tomorrow.

NTM

The woman was standing next to a Shelby Cobra. Big deal, I see those routinely at home.

Word is that the World of Tanks strippers have been told not to perform tomorrow.

NTM

Where do you live? the playboy mansion:D where you have a white Lamborghini and porche 911 a shelby GT and a load of hot girls ?

Ive one one hot girl and an old Peugeot at my house:(

Silicon Valley, California.

Find me hanging out the World of Tanks booth, look for the baseball cap.

NTM

passed by twice in the last 2 days got the little toy tank alright ! If im passing tomor ill say hello.

I have decided that I don't much like the exposition. There's a lot there, and it is pretty much a given that you will enjoy yourself when you go, at least with a friend. But what's kicking me is that as a show, there's bugger-all on show. Either due to security "No cameras!" or German censorship laws, most of the "stands" are enclosed and you cannot see what's going on inside. In order to get in, you need to stand in line for hours at a time. What I don't understand is why you can't just get into an 'observer' queue, walk past the two hundred people waiting to play fifteen minutes of Battlefield 3, and just look at the monitors. Especially if you're only there a day or two, you can't afford to spend all day waiting in queues.

G: I'm unlikely to be found on the floor the next two days. Meetings most of tomorrow, and I'm out of town Sunday. Where you at (and real name), so I can find you if I have a moment?

Incidentally, when I had posted "World of Tanks stripper", I was being somewhat joking, the comment was due to the manner in which they were dancing. Turns out, it was actually close to the truth for some of them.

NTM

Im gone back home again been over since Monday, i forgot how mental that show floor gets, Thursday was bad but Friday was a step up again. Took a walk around on Friday around 1pm and got so tired of all the people i left early for the airport.

Saw nearly everything i wanted to see in the business area so had no queue's to deal with bar EA who made a serious mess of things. Queuing for 40 mins to see Mass Effect 3 in the press area ! Not likely. Guess im insulated from the show floor a bit only really went down there on Wednesday for the media day, but even that was busy as there was a lot more of the GDC indie developers this year.

Saw Dishonored, Prey 2 and Rage in with Bethesda all look very good
    Saw Darkness 2 and Bioshock I. and Borderlands 2 with 2K also looking good.
    Witcher 2 looks great and thats even before all the free beer they gave us.
    Played Gears 3,

Week had its ups and downs, Sony and EA had huge issues but 2K where awesome, had the best time with the smaller developers as they really appreciate you making the effort to go see them. Came home with a huge bag of swag too, had to dump all my socks and jocks to make room in the bag ! Only one pair left now for the week :D

MM. if you ever want us to do anything on World of tank or anything else ye are working on you can catch me at anthony@bone-idle.ie at any stage.

• Advertisement

Apparently the show was so well attended that they had to close the doors at 11am.

NTM

Advertisement