Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All I can say is wow

Options
  • 16-08-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Check out this on C4 website;

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/one-man-walking/4od#3221342
    One Man Walking, part of Channel 4's Street Summer season, explores some of the intensity and challenges of life in the metropolis, using krump - an expressive and highly energetic dance movement - combined with the uplifting, soaring excitement and relief of free-running.
    One Man Walking is a powerful and stylish collision of krump, hip hop and parkour set in the streets of London. It shows the raw side of street dance, full of energy and emotion.
    Krump is a dance form that originated in the United States. It is characterised by free, expressive and highly energetic movements. It's an intense and often apparently aggressive-seeming dance, but is about release and can be cathartic and spiritual. One Man Walking dancer Duwane Taylor says 'you can't krump half-hearted, you have to put your energy into it and your emotions'.
    The film brings together the talents of some of the leading exponents of dance and dance-film in the UK: Breakin' Convention's Jonzi D, with choreographer/performer Kenrick, 'H2O'Sandy and composer Michael 'Mikey J' Asante, who have been running Boy Blue Entertainment for the past ten years. Boy Blue won the Olivier award for their production Pied Piper and are associate artists at The Barbican.

It is about 15 minutes long, but I found it well cool and worth the watch.

Love the bag part.

Stupid adds at the beginning, as if I would be seen drinking Miller :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

^^^^ Glee fans :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Don Juan DeMagoo

Glee? Never would thought that, but sure ....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Wtf did I just watch...

Meh. I lost interest and turned off at 1:50.

Mousey- wrote: »
    Wtf did I just watch...

Coughs ahem here ya go old buddy old son
    One Man Walking, part of Channel 4's Street Summer season, explores some of the intensity and challenges of life in the metropolis, using krump - an expressive and highly energetic dance movement - combined with the uplifting, soaring excitement and relief of free-running.
    One Man Walking is a powerful and stylish collision of krump, hip hop and parkour set in the streets of London. It shows the raw side of street dance, full of energy and emotion.
    Krump is a dance form that originated in the United States. It is characterised by free, expressive and highly energetic movements. It's an intense and often apparently aggressive-seeming dance, but is about release and can be cathartic and spiritual. One Man Walking dancer Duwane Taylor says 'you can't krump half-hearted, you have to put your energy into it and your emotions'.
    The film brings together the talents of some of the leading exponents of dance and dance-film in the UK: Breakin' Convention's Jonzi D, with choreographer/performer Kenrick, 'H2O'Sandy and composer Michael 'Mikey J' Asante, who have been running Boy Blue Entertainment for the past ten years. Boy Blue won the Olivier award for their production Pied Piper and are associate artists at The Barbican.

• Advertisement

Meh. I lost interest and turned off at 1:50.

cheers thanks for the update :D
    If there was bouncing boobies or balls you'd probably last till ....... actually probably not :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Having a fit is now considered dancing. Makes note.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Having a fit is now considered dancing. Makes note.

Tut tut it is more a controlled seizure

Advertisement