Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS - possibility of a Super Mario Sunshine Remake/Sequel(?)....

Options
  • 16-08-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

So it seems SMSunshine 'might' be ported to the 3DS http://nintendo3dsblog.com/director-of-super-mario-3d-land-would-like-to-see-super-mario-sunshine-in-3d

Here's the Quote for the Lazys from Yoshiaki Koizumi:

'I can say that I really would like to see a lot of those games that use 3D worlds on 2D display just so I could see what they look like in 3D and see what kind of different experiences people would have playing through them on a 3D display. So in that sense I would love to see Sunshine and both Galaxy games presented in 3D, and a lot of the Zelda [games] would be interesting too.'

I for one, had SMSunshine on the GCN, really enjoyed it and class it as one of the best Mario games ever, it was different from other Mario's at the time too. I would love to see this remade for the 3DS or a sequel even! As for the Galaxy games to be ported to the 3DS, mhh, not too arsed about that as they are newer, maybe Galaxy 3 on the 3DS would be interesting, but we do have Super Mario 3D land coming in Nov so...

What you guys think?

And before you all start saying 'enough ports already!' there have been two ports, Zelda and StarFox.... also rayman....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Ehh, I liked it for what it was but I don't think it's such a must play that it needs to be ported.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

they should remake original super mario. i bet it will sell millions too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I think if it should be redone, it'd be best with the first fifth of it taken off. That's the point where everyone gets put-off by the newness or
    'gimmickyness' and stops playing, it gets primo-awesome therein.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'd be happy if they just released all the sections that had you FLUDDless.

Best parts of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I'd be happy if they just released all the sections that had you FLUDDless.

Best parts of the game.

Wouldnt that just be Galaxy then?

I do agree, the start of Sunshine can be off putting to this Gen, maybe if they did remake the first half of it or take the idea of F.L.U.D.D. and do a sequel (in a different 'mario universe') with it might be better.

A lot of people seem to be 50/50 on Sunshine, I still love it. :D

• Advertisement

I found FLUDD off-putting 'til it revealed its almost divine awesomeness. Also, shooting Piantas in the face. Good times made better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I'd much rather a HD remake for Wii U tbh.....a sequel for 3DS would work though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I loved Sunshine, Delfino Plaza was an excellent hub world. A 3DS remake would be cool, but I'd rather see Majora's Mask get that treatment; it deserves a second shot more than Sunshine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have Mario Sunshine sitting in front of me at the moment begging to be replaying. Which I shall. After finished Galaxy 2 and replaying the Wind Waker.

I remember loving the game though, and when I got a GameCube again last month, it was one of the first games on my list to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'd just love another 2D game along the lines of New Super Mario Bros DS and Wii.

• Advertisement

The rollercoaster balloon mission is better than every COD title combined. [/Trollbait]

Advertisement