Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing company hiring face painters......

Options
  • 16-08-2011 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi out there,

I am a face-painter and have been recently hired by a marketing company to do a few events.

I usually do parties, fundays etc so this was my first gig for a company of this kind.

When they contacted me I was informed that I'd be paid within two weeks of completing event....The first event I did for them was over a month ago and I have not yet been paid. This is worrisome because I usually receive payment on the day of the event when I do my usual things.....

I have called them a couple of times and emailed once over the course of the month but to no avail......I feel as if I am being fobbed off.

I completed an event just Sunday gone accompanied by another painter whom was hired around the same time as I was, She also explained that she had not been paid yet either.....

So I wondering is this normal....is there anyone else who has experienced this....they were pretty desperate when they contacted me...explaining they had some people who pulled out of doing the events on them....so I wondering has others had this problem before with them and have pulled out for this reason???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I would honestly take my self down to their offices and if you are fobbed off about seeing some one in accounts, refuse to leave the reception desk until someone in authority comes out to speak to you, don't be aggressive,remain calm and mannerly, but insistent and determined.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,685 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Were you hired as an employee, or a contractor?

I suspect the latter. Confirm it for me, and I'll move this over to Entrepreneuship and Business Management, where they can probably give you good advice about collecting bad debts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Gina2004

Thanks.......

I was contacted just earlier and spoke to one of the accounts people.....they explained the delay and apologised........and said I'd be paid in the next two days so we'll wait and see.....;)

Advertisement