Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints row vs GTA 4 xbox

Options
  • 16-08-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Im undecided atm if i want to get saints row 2 or gta4. I have played both on my xbox before and enjoyed both but unsure as to which i would get again.

it has been over 2 years since i played either and would like to get a general idea of whih to go for again and why ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I think the best argument for the games is that gta4 is very polished and technically its fantastic but leans into a more of a real world grittiness i guess.
    Saints row 2 for me is more like the older gta games. Bright, gaudy and ott but brilliant entertainment value with the costumes, wacky vehicles etc. In saying that gta4 has your episodic dlc so you can give them a shot also. Guess it comes down to your personal preferences really!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

get both, they both should cost less than a new release.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Why not go a bit different and get Just Cause 2? Hours upon hours of fun, and impossible to finish 100% (unless you don't have a life...)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

if you've not played the gta4 episodes, I'd say get them

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The GTA add-on games (they're much more than just DLC) - the Ballad of Gay Tony and the Lost and Damned are actually better than both Saints Row and main GTAIV game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saints Row 2.

Spraying shíte on bulidings, people and the police > Bowling with Roman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saints Row 2 for me. SR2 was tonnes of silly fun all the way until the end and even the side missions were fantastic. GTA 4 and its add ons bored me more than entertained me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SR2!

GTA4 has a great world of physics and graphics but doesn't even come close to SR2's world of fun.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, Saints Row 2 is way more fun than GTA IV

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

yeah i was leaning towards sr2 myself but wanted to see the general feel.

have never played the add ons for gta4 but a common thing i hear is they are not overly entertaining and what said here seem reenforce that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I really didn't enjoy GTAIV, wasn't a fan at all. However, I loved Saint's Row 2. Marvelous amount of fun to be had with that one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Saints Row 2 is instant gratification - you'll be spraying **** on buildings within minutes of starting.

GTAIV is a slow burner, and isn't without its flaws. But I think the city they've created is astonishing, I frequently just stopped to admire the scenery. Alas, the mission content doesn't always back it up, but Ballad of Gay Tony put the fun back in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Saints Row 2 is much better, your cousing calling you in GTA IV will drive you mad in 10 mins.

Saints Row 2 felt more cartoony and like Vice City, GTA3 to me...which was perfect. The customisation and story were great too I thought, very entertaining :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Playing Saints Row 1 and 2 myself at the minute, and having as much fun as I did the 1st time I played them.

The driving controls are not as good as GTA and annoyed me somewhat, but I'll forgive that.

GTA and Saints Row are both essentially the same games but while GTA is technically a better game and better looking they left out the most important thing...... FUN!!!!!! Saints Row has this in spades and then some.

Perfect time to go and play them with a 3rd game due out in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

The GTA add-on games (they're much more than just DLC) - the Ballad of Gay Tony and the Lost and Damned are actually better than both Saints Row and main GTAIV game.
    While I agree on the Ballad of Gay Tony The Lost and the Damned was pants IMO. I didn't like the story, the characters were totally unsympathetic, the music was horrific and it looked like crap even with that stupid filter thing turned off.

I used to dread loading it up because my ears would be assaulted by crappy overly loud trash metal :mad:

Advertisement