Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV - Streaming TV3 and 4OD iPad aps?

Options
  • 15-08-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

I can't seem to stream the 4OD app to Apple TV at all and only audio for the TV 3 app. Am I doing something wrong or is this impossible? Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

AirPlay isn't enabled on all apps. Start the video on your iPad, should be a little tv icon with an arrow oni it at the bottom of the iPad screen if it's possible. If you have an ipad2 I believe you can stream/mirror everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

AirPlay isn't enabled on all apps. Start the video on your iPad, should be a little tv icon with an arrow oni it at the bottom of the iPad screen if it's possible. If you have an ipad2 I believe you can stream/mirror everything.

Looks like AirPlay isn't enabled at all for 4OD and or some bizarre reason only for audio for the TV3 App. Pity as they are both great apps. I'm using the iPad2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

My mistake, Mirroring is not available until the next software update which is expected to be early September.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

My mistake, Mirroring is not available until the next software update which is expected to be early September.

Nevertheless, some apps support full airplay, others don't. Example, BBC News will only stream audio to my system whereas Sky News streams the works (and mighty impressive it is too).

Advertisement