Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao offers with HEAR scheme

Options
  • 15-08-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I know this is probably a bit of a silly question to ask but i was wondering do you get 2 offers through cao? like do you get one without you're HEAR scheme and then one that applies with the HEAR...i'm just a little confused as it didnt really explain it too well imo :o

sorry in advance if its really silly question and thanks for any help :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

i am going to 1st yr and i have been accepted for the hear scheme so i aint an official spokesperson for it or anything but ill give it a shot.

as far as i no your CAO application goes through the exact same way, you still only get one offer, but because you are hear applicabt u can get in with reduced points. DO NOT QUOTE me on this but i heard somewhere it is a 10% reduction of ur overall points.

hope that heped! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

GV_NRG wrote: »
    i am going to 1st yr and i have been accepted for the hear scheme so i aint an official spokesperson for it or anything but ill give it a shot.

as far as i no your CAO application goes through the exact same way, you still only get one offer, but because you are hear applicabt u can get in with reduced points. DO NOT QUOTE me on this but i heard somewhere it is a 10% reduction of ur overall points.

hope that heped! :)

You're 100% right on the first part, you'll just get a normal CAO offer on the day like everyone else. :) But as regards how many points you may get off, you may get none, or you may get 10, or 50, it all depends on how many HEAR applicants have applied for your course. :)

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Holly91

thanks ye too thats makes more sense :D

Advertisement