Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Website launch :)

• 15-08-2011 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all :) This is my first blog post like ever :O I know where have I been etc. Anyway I am launching a new deal type website for local and medium sized businesses so they get a page to display their weekly deals. So here is the link... www.countydeals.ie . For now I am looking for likes on it ;) that's where all you wonderful people help me out if you can follow that link and then Facebook like it for me. Secondly I would like if I can get some feedback on it with regards to navigation layout etc. I have no one advertised on it as yet but just trying to build it up first a little before I tackle that side.
    The idea behind it is to offer what's similar to an a4 size advert for each small business so they can update it weekly if they need to. Also for every person who signs up we put €1 into a kitty. So say for example in Navan 100 people signed up then €100 euro will go into a separate bank account each week. That fund would be able to be accessed by the businesses that advertised with us in that area if they needed it or else we will donate it to the likes of that towns local chamber of commerce to help out a little :) that's the idea anyway. So any feedback or help woudl be appreciated ;) and don't forget to like us ( assuming you do ) Thanks and sorry if my post is in the wrong place or whatever ( go easy first time post ) ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The site is done with Flash - that is a really, really, really bad idea.

There are lots of threads in this forum and the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum on doing classifieds advert type sites, use the search function and take a good look at them for good advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 erock

thanks tricky... the flash is only to start with until i get a few onboard then i will get someone to actually do it properly ;) thanks for the feedback :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Also I see you spelled "you" as "u" in one case, I don't think that works well? :/

oh on the twitter feed? thanks didnt notice.. lol bad habit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Sorry but that is a terrible web site. It looks nice and all but functionally it's a nightmare.

• Advertisement

hey jimmy... in what way ? i thought it was easy to use .. a couple of clicks and you got what you are looking for no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Welcome!

The first problem that people will highlight (I've been elected their spokesperson) is that you site is built with flash. The is a huge problem when it comes to SEO stuff and load times. I'm not sure how flash handles accessibility. I can't see any reason why the site should be constructed with flash - some flash elements are fine but not the whole thing.

The logo needs too be reworked. It's not distinctive enough.

The ticker running along the top is very difficult to read. I find it difficult on my eyes.

It's not immediately obvious what the site is for and how it works. Don't make the audience think. They wont and they will leave the site.

You need a hook - a nice big banner with daily deals would be one method.

It's probably unrealistic at this stage, but I think that you need to go back to basics.

hey fanny :) yea I got it that the flash is not a great idea..but its all I can do for now ;) until I can afford to get someone to make me one without it.. I know it plays havoc on apple etc but like i said its temporary. The scrolling banner at the top is also temporary until people get sick of it...which was 2 weeks ago ;) lol The rest of the info is taken into account...thanks ;)

Advertisement