Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can dockets be corrected?

Options
  • 15-08-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

Was in a PP shop recently, placed a bet (multiple) and wrote down odds beside each selection, just as I was handed back the docket I noticed on the screen that my bet was on offer at an enhanced price.

I pointed this out to the cashier and asked would I be guaranteed that price.
    Her reply was, you took the prices at the time, tough, nothing I can do.

Now I'm 95% sure this happened me before and the cashier took the docket back and just wrote the enhanced price on it.

Was she right not to sort it out for me or was she just being a b!tch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

was being a bitch i went up many a time and said after the bet was placed sorry can i have enhanced price they said yeah sure so just being difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Thought so. Have sent an email regarding the issue. I will report back with their reply

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Had this before when I forgot to put the price on docket. She put it on for me but said officially they are not supposed to change the docket once the bet has gone through.
    This was with Boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Almost 24 hours later since the last response from Paddypower, and all that said was your query has been passed onto retail dept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

I sent a long e mail giving whole load of grievances and that was six weeks ago still no reply. Stopped betting with them. Also if bet has not been confirmed then it is easy to change. Even after it can be changed. Also when you query with staff they say ring customer services, their shops are full of staff giving bad customer service although they still have some people who know what they are doing, just a case of finding a shop you like and sticking with that. PP staff do not seem to care if you go elsewhere as they seem only to want online or telephone betting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Ring them and go to the shop option.

i dont do multiples on principle but is there a chance an enhanced price only applies to singles.

i worked in a bookies years ago, she could have changed the odds easily after the bet was placed.

Advertisement