Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Rush, Co. Dublin

Options
  • 15-08-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

We're currently with Vodafone on a landline/broadband package for €35 incl. We don't use the landline, but the 3mb broadband speed is really too slow for what we need. Are there any [ideally] BROADBAND ONLY packages at €35 or less and available in Rush?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi
    I am in Goldenridge the max speed I can get is 4mb as the distance from the exchange limits the speed no way around this I am afraid its the physical limitation of copper cables.

Intrestingly Eirgrid brought fibre through rush as part of the interconnector but it needs an isp to connect it up. Wimax is the other option but its terrible by all accounts just marketing speel.

I dont think we have any option here but with eircom or a reseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭laraido

thanks kindly Psygnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

Hi,
    anyone getting greater than 8Mb , im syncin at 6Mb.

Just wondering if the exchange was ever upgraded to go the full 24Mb like Skerries was

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

Was there definitely fibre laid through Rush?

Advertisement