Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanting to improve my MAGIC

Options
  • 15-08-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi all.

I have always dabbled in magic from card tricks, coins, gimmicks and what not, but I still class myself as an amateur. I would like improve and build up a nice routine as i have been asked by a friend to do a dinner party.

Is there any books or tutorials that you would all recommend.

Cheers all :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

See the sticky at the top of the forum.

To summarize :

Cards : Royal Road to Card Magic.
    Coins : Bobo's Modern Coin Magic.
    Mentalism : 13 Steps to Mentalism.

All are books , all are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭SickMusicMan

Cheers for the reply horgan_p. Do you know of any good video tutorials? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

All the books mentioned have DVD "versions" of them

Royal Road to Card Magic - R. Paul Wilson
    13 Steps to Mentalism - Richard Osterlind
    Modern Coin Magic - Ben Salinas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I'd like to add a recommendation for Paul Wilson's DVDs for Royal Road. You really need the book but often the descriptions of moves in the book can be hard to follow and seeing someone doing them infront of you is a big help. Also he offers some improvements here and there and often puts a different story on the trick he's doing which gives you more ideas.

Edit

Ive also been following this guys annotated views on the book http://sleightly.com/blog/annotated-royal-road-to-card-magic/ as he often offers alternate moves to try and hunt down.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭SickMusicMan

Thanks everyone. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement