Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Cut Express - Training

Options
  • 15-08-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone knows of somewhere that offers couses in Final Cut Express. I can find loads of places that offer pro but not FCE.. I have been using iMovie for 3 years now and bough FCE last year, loaded it to my macbook but found it difficult to use. Tried using a book for insturction but failed. Ended up removing it from my computer again :-( I pick up things very quickly once shown but just can't seem to self teach my self this. I am now sick of iMovie and need more functionality.

Help anyone??

I am in limerick so the closer to limerick the better.

Cheers
    Andrew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Alangers wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone knows of somewhere that offers couses in Final Cut Express. I can find loads of places that offer pro but not FCE.. I have been using iMovie for 3 years now and bough FCE last year, loaded it to my macbook but found it difficult to use. Tried using a book for insturction but failed. Ended up removing it from my computer again :-( I pick up things very quickly once shown but just can't seem to self teach my self this. I am now sick of iMovie and need more functionality.

Help anyone??

I am in limerick so the closer to limerick the better.

Cheers
    Andrew

Bought FCE with a new iMac in 2010. Prior to that was using Pinnacle Studio on a PC. Veerrry steep learning curve with FCE. Even after 12 months I've only mastered the basics (capturing, editing, and burning) (SD to DVD).

I kind of have a sequence to follow now. PM me if you want more info.

This guy is very good. The course was free but now he's charging.

Also, be aware that Apple have discontinued support for FCE in favour of the new FCP X.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement