Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 Server

Options
  • 15-08-2011 12:38pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone interested in chipping in for a RO2 server and hopping on launch night for some shootin' n drinkin'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

sorry man , i would but ill be studying all next year and not much time
    but i always wanted to know , what the deal on a server , do you buy a server edition of the game

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ye go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Anyone interested in chipping in for a RO2 server and hopping on launch night for some shootin' n drinkin'?

Only seen this now...
    Ill be putting up a server for launch 64 man of course, probley TDM so i can get used to the game. :pac:
    Ive plenty of space on my dedibox.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Will there be a training server for the gimps amonsgt us ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've not got time for any games atm, too much goin on IRL

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Will there be a training server for the gimps amonsgt us ?

I'll set up something for release day, and then probably change modes after a week or so to something more tactical :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Never played the first one but this looks pretty good. Probably gonna pick it up at launch.

I'll set up something for release day, and then probably change modes after a week or so to something more tactical :D
    any thoughts on what you would call it, and ill pop in sometime in the afternoon

bpb101 wrote: »
    any thoughts on what you would call it, and ill pop in sometime in the afternoon

I was looking forward to setting up a server for RO2, but tripwire decided to only support windows servers. Terrible decision, they dont plan on having linux server files at launch either. Pretty much forced to buy from a tiny amount of GSP's which dont have pricing yet.

Im not paying 15+ euro a month for a windows server licence. :mad:
    Only choice i have is to format my server and run Ubuntu and try run it in wine.

• Advertisement

jackoire wrote: »
    I was looking forward to setting up a server for RO2, but tripwire decided to only support windows servers. Terrible decision, they dont plan on having linux server files at launch either. Pretty much forced to buy from a tiny amount of GSP's which dont have pricing yet.

Im not paying 15+ euro a month for a windows server licence. :mad:
    Only choice i have is to format my server and run Ubuntu and try run it in wine.

by running ubuntu you risk it not working,
    im not well up on server ,how do you lanuch a decicated server of ro2 , do you buy a server eddition of the game or what is the story .

bpb101 wrote: »
    by running ubuntu you risk it not working,
    im not well up on server ,how do you lanuch a decicated server of ro2 , do you buy a server eddition of the game or what is the story .

Ye its a server edition you need to run a .exe and a .bat file to start the server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

New patch released, fixes quite a few issues.

When is this game out? says 13th of sept but people on steam playing it! using the US ips ?

We are playing the final beta, when you pre order the digital deluxe version you get access for the two weeks leading up to release.

When is this game out? says 13th of sept but people on steam playing it! using the US ips ?
    the final stage of beta is out , it aviable to those who got the delux eddition
    if you have per order you can upgrade for 9 euros. and get the delux eddition

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone got a mode in mind they want?

For me territory is the best mode.

Worth buying ?

good , but what ive play (not that much) it a lot more close combat than i would have imagine
    i say yes

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Worth buying ?

Yes. You'll really like it.

Shall we invest in a server then? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

just bought it, but on a 3meg connection

so five and half hours to wait :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Worth buying ?

No you will not like it

No you will not like it

thats me sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers