Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest patch problem?

Options
  • 14-08-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Is anyone else having problems with the latest patch? When i tried to update my game it said my sims file was invalid, so I uninstalled all the game and reinstalled them again.

Now anything i had bought from the store won't install into my game. Its comes up in my download panel and says its downloaded and installed but as soon as I close the launcher its gone and it doesn't show up in the game. I think i uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times at this stage :(

If anyone else ever had this problem or is having problems with this patch and can help me i'd be very thankfull.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ouch! Can't help you there as I had the problem with the extra content for a while. Then a patch came out and it was fixed again. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

I'm kind of hoping it will fix itself when pets comes out. I don't really know what i'll do if it doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I'm having problems with this patch and I had problems with the last one which meant I couldn't update my game for over a month.

My patch reaches 99% completion and then an error appears saying "Data error I/O failed" or something.

No idea how to fix it or what the problem seems to be. Really frustrating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm having problems with this patch and I had problems with the last one which meant I couldn't update my game for over a month.

My patch reaches 99% completion and then an error appears saying "Data error I/O failed" or something.

No idea how to fix it or what the problem seems to be. Really frustrating though.

I have this exact same issue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Alicat wrote: »
    I have this exact same issue :(

Hey! I finally fixed this.

Click this link and follow the instructions. My problem didn't fix with options one or two but it did fix after I tried option 3. :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/413005.page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Hey! I finally fixed this.

Click this link and follow the instructions. My problem didn't fix with options one or two but it did fix after I tried option 3. :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/413005.page

You genius! :) Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

SO finally got it fixed. My friend deleted everything from EA on my laptop and tried everything he could think of. As a last attempt he uninstalled my antivirus and BINGO!

Its back working and everything is downloading from the store again. The only problem is all my extra custom content is gone but i'm happy with what I have.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Glad to hear its sorted. I had fiddled with my antivirus too but wasn't the issue. The manual patch fixed it for me though.

Advertisement