Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Woops

• 14-08-2011 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Well i have a few repeats to do and i missed the repeat exam deadline:o
    http://www.lyit.ie/gateways/lyitstudents/examinations/
    By Friday 29th July you will have received all information relating to your Autumn 2011 examinations. The Exam Entry Confirmation form together with the Bank Giro must be completed and returned to the Examinations Office. Repeat Fee is €30 in total. The closing date is Friday 12th August 2011.

i got my results but no repeat form or bank giro??

am i screwed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

When did you get your results ? I doubt your fecked mate, but in future you might be a bit more proactive in your approach to your education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Obvious thing to do is get in contact with the college and see what they say, at a guess you'll have to repeat the year but they might sort something out for you if you're lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 what the feck

yeah i am going up tomorrow and hopefully i can get it sorted out:)

what happens if you fail a repeat exam because i doubt ill pass one of them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

what happens if you fail a repeat exam because i doubt ill pass one of them:(

If you fail the repeat of a prerequisite module you will have to repeat the year.
    Prerequisites – Some modules build to a strong degree on knowledge gained in previous modules the student will have studied. In this case the first module (for example Introduction to Object Oriented Programming 2” is deemed to be a prerequisite on the later dependent module, for example “Object Oriented Programming”. In this case a student must pass the prerequisite module(s) before they can progress to the next year of their course. Thus you cannot “carry” a prerequisite module from first year to second year, second year to third year or third year to fourth year. Even though we have a semesterised system students register year by year so there are no pre-requisites within an academic year.

If its not a prerequisite you will get another chance to repeat it. Good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

You should be fine, I knew I had an exam to sit but had been told that I would recieve an email about it so sat and waited for that before I took any steps, needless to say it didnt come. Anyway I rang out the examinations office and they registered me for the exam and posted out a Giro, she mentioned that they were snowed under with late registrations so you are not alone, your best bet is to ring them. As far as I know you can sit the exam as long as you are registered for it, but you won't recieve the results unless you pay the exam fees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

iMuse wrote: »
    If you fail the repeat of a prerequisite module you will have to repeat the year.

Do you mean that if you fail a prerequisite twice cos you'll have the main exam and then the chance to repeat it in August you'll have to repeat the exam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

iMuse wrote: »

Do you mean that if you fail a prerequisite twice cos you'll have the main exam and then the chance to repeat it in August you'll have to repeat the exam ?

Yeah my understanding is that if you fail the exam in Jan/May then you will have a chance to repeat it in Aug. If you fail the repeat of a pre requisite module in Aug you will have to repeat the year as you can't carry them to another year.

Advertisement