Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patient is verbally abusing Home Carer

Options
  • 14-08-2011 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone,

Somebody has asked me for help on this issue. This person works as a home carer and has a patient who's verbally abusing her. Just recently she was called 'piece of ****'... And this is going on for years as she works with this patient for over 10 years. Although she complained to the management of this home care company a numbers of times, they said there is not much they can do. They do speak with the patient asking to stop this but it never does... There aren't any more patients in her area and she has either to put up with this or leave. Can anyone advice what she should do in this situation? Are there any other options?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

If the patient suffers from dementia or a mental illness there's not much she can do.

I suggest your friend attends a course on dealing with difficult patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 t1t1

Thanks, but he's not...

Last time the patient asked her to go into town to place bets on horses but when she refused he called her 'piece of sh**'. Plenty of similar examples available but I won't be mentioning them all, you should get the picture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Read the second sentence of my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

there should of been an investigation as to the cause of the clients behaviour, dealing with and putting up with challenging behaviour is part of the job if your friend is not able to handle it then it is better for both parties that she step aside and let some one that is take her place

Advertisement