Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco Embedded Packet Capture (EPC) - How to

Options
  • 14-08-2011 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

I have a small network set up at home. I would like to monitor the network, basically all traffic that goes out an in and including key-logger behavior.

I have the Cisco EPC2425 with Embedded Packet Capture. I am not sure how to enable this function or whether the function is already enabled and how to get the file with the packets and translate it to a txt.

I read about some packet sniffer software etc., key-logger flash drives, but not sure which is the less complicated option.

Unfortunately I do not have access to the PCs on the network and there is no way for me to get the key-loggers installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Talk to your kids (or wife / lodger etc) rather than attempt to spy on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Suzzyta

Oh I thought this was the Nets & Comms section not the PARENTAL ADVISE section.

Thank you for your useless comment. There are no kids in this household. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

It does sound like your trying to spy on other people in the house. Why do you need to install keyloggers on their machines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is just too dodgy to be allowed. Key-logging, etc, not good. Too many nefarious uses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement