Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howth Coastguard Rescue boat stolen!

Options
  • 13-08-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

From Howth Coastguard FB page:

Howth Coast Guard
    ******Rescue boat stolen. Earlier this morning the Lifeguard hut on Claremont beach was broken into and their rescue boat was stolen. It is a 3.5mt grey inflatable with a yamaha 15hp engine. Anybody with any information contact the Gardai in Howth.

FFS... What kind of scumbag does this? Spread the word people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

iceage wrote: »
    From Howth Coastguard FB page:

Howth Coast Guard
    ******Rescue boat stolen. Earlier this morning the Lifeguard hut on Claremont beach was broken into and their rescue boat was stolen. It is a 3.5mt grey inflatable with a yamaha 15hp engine. Anybody with any information contact the Gardai in Howth.

FFS... What kind of scumbag does this? Spread the word people.

Bloody scumbags, I cannot put into words the hurt they deserve for doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The same mentality that sees morons vandalising life rings :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Just so people know, after a little investigation on my part its the Lifeguards RIB thats stolen, not Howth CG as the title suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

NGA wrote: »
    Just so people know, after a little investigation on my part its the Lifeguards RIB thats stolen, not Howth CG as the title suggests.

Either way, thats just crazy... Complete and utter F**king Scum Bags

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

aido 1976 wrote: »
    Either way, thats just crazy... Complete and utter F**king Scum Bags

Agreed, totally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Don't worry lads if it turns up here, I will let you know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

if it turns up there...the son of a biatch can keep it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Be the very definition of irony if the boyos stealing the boat got into difficulty and then could not be rescused and drowned

Scum :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

This was a professional job which is suspected to have been done by an organised gang which as been working around the country. The lifeguards won't have a boat on station until repairs are done to the boat store to ensure it's secured again. Grainne is always put away with alot of security so hopefully she'll stay safe. We can't have the coastguard boat going missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Is it about time the boat houses and/or storage areas for these boats were alarmed maybe or at least have CCTV installed?(I know its all money) I posted here back some time about another boat that went walkies in Wexford if memory serves correctly, so as suggested this is an organised effort by a particular type of lowlife scumbag gang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I really am sickened that people are capable of this kind of thing.. please god nothing fatal happens on the water while the boat store is being secured.. whoever did this is pure scum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

iceage wrote: »
    Is it about time the boat houses and/or storage areas for these boats were alarmed maybe or at least have CCTV installed?(I know its all money)

They just put up a load of cameras on the harbour within the last year. Hopefully one of them got something.

Advertisement