Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork College of Commerce FIT

Options
  • 13-08-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Has anyone done the PC Maintanence run by FIT or the Computer Science at Cork College of Commerce. I am a 33 yo carpenter and want a career change. I have a big interest in computers and how all electronics work in general. I have no leaving cert and was thinking of doing one of theese coarses to try to get to UCC. Theese coarses only offer level 5 fetac but St Johns College offers a cloud computing coarse with a level 6 fetac and does say on the site that you can progress to CS. Anyone out there that can advise me, i have mailed the colleges and dont seem to be getting repolies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 trollster

Did a computer science course in CCOC last year, (tradesman as well so I know where you're coming from)

Bluntly speaking it didn't float my boat for a variety of reasons, some of the modules are outdated and imo pointless unless you're a school leaver.......work experience/communication etc........ I was reasonably up to speed on pcs beforehand and if you're looking at it as a foundation course to actually get something of benefit in this area then be prepared for a long journey with lots of maths as your travelling companion.

Advertisement