Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Corn Snake in Pet World

Options
  • 13-08-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking about buying a corn snake as a new pet (actually, I am pretty sure I will). Now I just have to find a good place to buy one. I rang Pet World today and they said they had one baby corn snake left at 93 euro. Is that price a bit steep? Is there any other places that you would recommend to buy one that is cheaper or more reliable? Have you ever had any good/bad experiences buying snakes from Pet World? Sorry for all the questions now but I really want to make sure I am making the right choices for my new pet. Oh and I live in Mayo btw if it helps.

Thanks in advance,
    James.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Oh, just noticed it was moved to this forum. I must not have been concentrating when I posted! ;)

If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

Hi James, I'm probably the most useless person to answer here but I'll have to do until someone better somes along :p

I know my brother got a corn snake in Reptile Haven in Dublin; I can find out how much he paid for it when I see him again. What I can say is that Ben there has always been very good to my brother with regards lending vivariums, giving advice, and the likes. There's also another place in Belfast, I forget the name of the place, but yer man Wayne there is apparently very enthusiastic and absolutely loves reptiles with a passion. Who sells the reptiles to would be extremely important to me, anyway. yway, I'll have a chat with my brother and get back to you if a less useless person doesn't respond in the interim :p

Just found out the place in Belfast is this one: http://www.cityreptiles.com/index.html

I really should have known that because a mate of mine designed the website :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'd like to echo what TrollHammeren said and recommend Reptile Haven.

You will get very good advice there and an expertise that cannot be bought.

Best of luck !

• Advertisement

Thnx for the info guys Ill give Rep Haven a look on Friday when I come back from my hols, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

DarkDusk wrote: »
    I rang Pet World today and they said they had one baby corn snake left at 93 euro.

thats price is a joke tbh, unless it includes the whole setup , and a few months food

have a look online , plenty of breeder and other shops you would get one at a fraction of the price

antocann wrote: »
    thats price is a joke tbh, unless it includes the whole setup , and a few months food

have a look online , plenty of breeder and other shops you would get one at a fraction of the price

I was thinking that, thanks for the confirmation. I just wanted to ask about online. How would that work? They would hardly post the snake to you would they?:eek:

They would hardly post the snake to you would they?:eek:

I lol'd the fúck off myself at that!

I was thinking that, thanks for the confirmation. I just wanted to ask about online. How would that work? They would hardly post the snake to you would they?:eek:

yep you can buy them online ,
    got a royal delivered buy 24hr Currier last year
    from this place

http://www.emeraldislereptiles.co.uk/magento/available/snakes/corns.html

think it was £10 next day delivery

• Advertisement

I lol'd the fúck off myself at that!

they are packed in a snake bag , with a heatpack , and then put in a polybox ,

hahaha this is turning into one of the funniest threads ever!:D

Thanks for the info antocann, much appreciated.

Advertisement