Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog fencing

Options
  • 12-08-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi i want to make a dog pen for my dog big dog so light fencing wood be no good something like that green security fencing was looking for if anyone knows were i could get something like this cheap in the Sligo/ Leitrim or
    Donegal area .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

builders fencing can be picked up cheap, 15-20 quid a piece and it is strong enough for big dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Builder panels used to be about 60 quid new but second hand probably cheaper but the wire isn't as strong as a standard galvanised dog run, would thick timber posts and heavy chainlink wire work for your dog? If he's a big chewer and a strong you might be better off going with a dog run like hayses modular or cilldara.ie or try out the builder panels first and see how he goes first before spending more.
    The security fencing is pretty expensive and getting it put up is extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

my run is built out of pallets, doesnt look pretty but it works fine keeping a german shepard and pointer in for the last yr. My mate has 2 runs built for his lab and brittany and they work perfect too

Advertisement