Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBS Marketing problem

Options
  • 12-08-2011 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hey,

my friends applied for this course months ago, sent in their results a month ago and haven't heard anything since.

Whenever they ring there's no answer or told ring someone else, no response to emails...... both tearing their hair out.. very disilussioned. and start dates in a month.

the one time they got through they were told expect a call for interview very soon.... that was 6weeks ago.

absolute joke anyone else have similar experiences? any one been accepted so far?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DCU MMK

Hi Snacker

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened. I can only conclude that it's a glitch somewhere in the PAC system. I am the Programme Director and am very happy to answer any queries and talk to applicants. We have been making rolling offers and interviewing students over the summer. Obviously, as some students have repeat and deferred exams, this process has continued through August. I'm on naoimh.oreilly@dcu.ie or 01-7008075.

Best Wishes

Naoimh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

DCU MMK wrote: »
    Hi Snacker

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened. I can only conclude that it's a glitch somewhere in the PAC system. I am the Programme Director and am very happy to answer any queries and talk to applicants. We have been making rolling offers and interviewing students over the summer. Obviously, as some students have repeat and deferred exams, this process has continued through August. I'm on naoimh.oreilly@dcu.ie or 01-7008075.

Best Wishes

Naoimh

Thanks very much for the response.

I'm not sure who in particular but they contacted someone involved with the programme and DCU admissions directly on what feels like an almost infinite number of occasions but never got an answer/ response and have gotten quite disillusioned with the whole situation, especially having paid deposits and all that. I think they marginally missed the required grade but do not have repeats and were told they were currently studying an 'ideal preparation course'... I will of course forward these details to them as soon as I post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DCU MMK

Hi again

From those in contact today and a review of the outstanding applications, it seems the issue is that some candidates have not submitted final transcripts to PAC so are not returning to us for review. This is unlikely to be just a problem with the MBS in Marketing so if anyone out there is expecting an offer through PAC, please make sure that you have submitted all relevant documentation. Do not rely on email or phone calls, as we cannot make an offer based on your word - we do need the formal transcripts!

HTH

Naoimh

Advertisement