Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Mover

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just stuck my whole steam folder on another drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

did that yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Its nice to have the option of running graphically intensive stuff on the SSD, and older, less pretty games on a second drive.

I just move whatever game folder I dont want on the SSD onto the regular drive and then create a hard link using the mklink command from the old steam location to the new location. This way I can do it on a game by game basis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Sweet, might make use of this.

Do you notice much changes in terms of loading times and the like when playing a game from an SSD drive?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Great little app that. I've been looking for something exactly like that for a while now.

Thanks for the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Helix wrote: »
    did that yesterday

Did you guys actually read the link? The program allows you to keep certain games on your SSD but not the whole Steam folder. Moving the whole folder to another HDD does nothing for your load times.

Advertisement