Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning hazel as a fuel?

Options
  • 12-08-2011 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Firstly, not quiet sure where to post this, sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

My question is, would it be possible to burn mature hazel bushes as a fuel? Maybe in a chipped/pelleted form? I'm asking this as in the Burren Co. Clare, we've plenty strong hazel and the farmers would only love to get rid of them! :D

A rough idea as of yet, but has it potential?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Why not shred and compact it and burn it and see what it's like.
    :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

13spanner wrote: »
    Firstly, not quiet sure where to post this, sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

My question is, would it be possible to burn mature hazel bushes as a fuel? Maybe in a chipped/pelleted form? I'm asking this as in the Burren Co. Clare, we've plenty strong hazel and the farmers would only love to get rid of them! :D

A rough idea as of yet, but has it potential?
    Seasoned Hazel is a cracking fire wood. Best thing of all, is that you can coppice it.
    See here.

Advertisement