Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negotiating with PTSB

Options
  • 12-08-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I'm in a position, whereby via the sale of my house I will be able to pay off the balance outstanding on my tracker mortgage.

PTSB are currently offering a 10% discount to those who pay off a lump sum on their tracker mortgage, however the general consensus appears to be that this is quite a poor offer, in relation to the savings PTSB will make in ridding themselves of these loss making tracker mortgages.

I'm planning on writing a letter to see if they are amenable to upping their offer than the current 10% as it stands.

Has anyone here had any success in negotiating with PTSB?

If anyone could give any pointers/tips on how to word the letter, or what points to include to help my case that would be so ever greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

(Wish me luck!) :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

how did you get on? did you take the 10% discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Hi Gareth,

Yes got the 10% bonus alright, no luck in getting any more off however.

Unfortunately that offer has now ended.

Will be interesting to see if they'll introduce something similar next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Moyglish wrote: »
    Hi Gareth,

Yes got the 10% bonus alright, no luck in getting any more off however.

Unfortunately that offer has now ended.

Will be interesting to see if they'll introduce something similar next year.

Better than a kick in the teeth tho :D. I know they want rid of trackers but sure I wouldnt give mine up and move to fixed unles they knocked 70 or 80 grand off my mortgage and I only owe them 200,000 odd. If I was able to give them the money to clear off my mortgage i dont think id be happy with the 10% either as its not a fantisic ensitive altho in saying that you would be mortgage free :cool:

Advertisement