Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

newbie at cad needs help with very basic rendering

Options
  • 12-08-2011 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

hi all, hoping someone can help me out or point me to a good tutorial..

I have Autocad Architecture 2011... and to date I have used it only for the most basic of designs, just to show teams here possible room or area layouts... very very basic...

I have a small room created, 4 walls, a window a door, table and chairs..

now my problem is I want to render the wall colour ..

so for example heres what I am doing on a basic level.

1. opening a new file ( I know some people are thinking I should stop right there as it looks like I havent a clue what I am doing :))

2. going to design and wall tab
    picking STUD-102 wall
    drawing a wall (sizes ect not important for what i am doing)

3. I then change from 2D wireframe to Realistic
    and change the viewpoint to an isometric to see the wall in 3D
    the wall looks a greyish colour
    4. I then go to the render tab.
    attach by layer
    pick a wall paint yellow in colour
    move the wall paint to the A-Wall Layer

now I would expect any layer designated by A-Wall to turn yellow but nothing happens.

if I click on the wall, the very basic outlines of the wall turn yellow, but the wall always remains grey....

any hints ot tips guys.. or a tutorial you would recommend???

Thanks A mill

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭neilboard

There's lots of help on youtube for auto cad. Never used the 2011 one myself!

Advertisement