Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying dog kennel

Options
  • 12-08-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking to buy a kennel for a very small dog. Where would be best place to look in Limerick in terms of price and quality. Have been to woodies and pet mania. Anyone suggest anywhere else or are they the best options?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

If its a small dog breed, buy a dog bed and keep in house..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

yogalady wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking to buy a kennel for a very small dog. Where would be best place to look in Limerick in terms of price and quality. Have been to woodies and pet mania. Anyone suggest anywhere else or are they the best options?

Thanks

To be honest a very small dog isnt suitable for living outdoors 24/7... the are too small, less fur and with our weather over the past few years, they would more than likely die if it snowed...

if you are looking at a kennel for when you are at work etc... i would suggest...

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_houses_flaps/dog_houses/spike/129909

I buy from these guys all the time... they deliver straight to your door etc...

also whatever kennel you go for please ensure it is raied off the ground either by legs or small bricks... this is to stop rain and frost from getting to the bottom of the kennel - rotting it and also freezing and wetting your dog..

I would also suggest Vet Bed... its excellent for keeping the dog dry and warm...

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/dog_blankets/vetbed/129392

But I would still like to point out very small dogs are NOT suitable for living outdoors 24/7.

:)

Advertisement