Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Canoe Polo Competition

Options
  • 11-08-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I completed my Level 2 this summer. I started to play canoe polo a couple of weeks ago just so I could get out on the water each week. The team I play with have entered the Irish Open in Galway at the end of month. Just wondering if anybody has any idea what type of clothes should be worn? Are we talking wetsuits or just a thermal top and shorties?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭multisport

Shorts and thermal top or a rashvest will be perfect.

Try and bring a few changes of kit so that you don't have to put on wet kit for every games. Typically I change out of my paddling kit between games, even if it's only for 1/2 hour or so.

c ya there,

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

A light rain jacket might be handy for between games with the summer we have been having.

If you have lycra shorts they will do as a change of paddling gear. I also recommend a long sleeve thermal for the Sunday morning game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Also took up polo in the last few weeks, entering a div 3 team for the craic . . . should b good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Tee-shirt, shorts and if you have a short sleeved cag you will be grand. I would normally paddle with a rash vest and shorts, just keep warm between matches.
    Unless you are planning an getting pushed over a bit and don't have a good hand roll, then consider the wetsuit....

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭RadarControl

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking shorty wetsuit to be honest.We have not got to roll yet so could be swimming alot if T-Rescues don't work. Where in Galway are the matches played? What if any parking\facilities are available beside pitches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭multisport

The pitches are across the road from Jury's Inn. There's always enough parking nearby.

Advertisement