Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider identification, anyone?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭needadvi

Looks pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Might be better asking over on the Nature and Birdwatching forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Haven't a clue but I wouldn't be comfortable sleeping in my bed until I'd ripped apart every last area in my bedroom looking for more of the little buggers so I could get rid of them. Creepy disgusting little things, imo only thing thats worse is a wasp. :eek:

Alun wrote: »
    Might be better asking over on the Nature and Birdwatching forum.

Well hopefully a mod will move it (rather than me making the same thread twice). Never thought about that forum. :)

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Haven't a clue but I wouldn't be comfortable sleeping in my bed until I'd ripped apart every last area in my bedroom looking for more of the little buggers so I could get rid of them. Creepy disgusting little things, imo only thing thats worse is a wasp. eek.gif

Ah sure, it's only a spider getting on with it's life. Not doing anyone any harm. I put a piece of paper under him until he walked onto it, and brought him to the other side of the room, though (if I left him where he was, he'd probably have gotten squished by me or my blankets).

Though if he's pregnant, as an above poster said, i should probably be saying she. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

I thought I saw a spider like that on my gate last week! I'm terrified of them though so I ran off before I could check properly :o

The thoughts of a spider like that in my room would actually make me ill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 lolabunny

thats so cool we have similar ones here in the west there was a thread not so long ago on here about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Enoplognatha ovata, aka Candy stripe spider.

I've seen the form with red stripes often.

Looks like you polished it!!

It's preferred habitat is shrubbery. I'd put it outside.

Advertisement