Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed skating dublin

Options
  • 11-08-2011 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Is there anyone in dublin who speedskates?
    I often see plenty of people skating around the city and surrounding areas on fitness/recreational skates.
    Speed skating is a fantastic sport it gives you a great cardio and core strenght workout.
    This year there will be more than 10 thousand competitors in the berlin inline marathon alone.
    Its a real shame that the sport has not picked up over here considering the amount of people i see skating on a daly basis.
    If anybody is interested please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HughKearney

Hey

I just joined Boards.ie and searched for inline skating to see if there is anyone out there who skates or if its basically just me. I like to go fast downhills and can hit nearly 50km going downhill. I just basically skate in Dundrum. Have been doing it for a few years.

If you are still interested I am interested in skating with others who like to go fast, maybe we can find new lines to skate, and I can show you the ones that I do around the Dundrum, Sandyford, Kiltiernan areas. I'll post something up with more information in the hope to get some kind of rec/speed skate thing going here

Hugh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Thread is over 2 years old and the OP has not posted again since. Please start a new thread on this topic to discuss it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement