Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car rental stunt- Portugal

Options
  • 11-08-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

All,

Not sure how regular this is for others but for the first time in my 13 years going to portugal, car hire websites have starting acting the mi*key. On the web I received a cheap quote for a 9 seater for one week. Happy with that only to be informed 3 days later that sorry we have no vehicle available at €510 but we do have a similar model available at €680. This happened again when quoted by one company at €471 only for them to come back 2 days later with NO vehicle again..!!:mad::mad::mad:
    Majorly pissed off as I am now trawling for a vehicle and ringing them directly as I don;t trust them over the web one bit with a week to go to hols.!!
    Has this happened to others ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Were you getting quotes/making bookings via a price comparison site or with care hire firms directly?

It's a worrying thing if this is the case either way, but I'd definitely expect some of the better known firms to have a better handle on their inventory as well as sticking to the quoted price if you booked directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Just book with a proper company, Hertz have locations in Portugal and you can Pre-pay in advance (handled by their Dublin HQ, I believe).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Advertisement