Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Long Do Tank Atties Last You?

• 10-08-2011 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

Seeing as I've been going through these so quickly lately, I'm just wondering how other people fair out.

Ego-T and 510-T atomizers have been lasting me less than a week lately, usually dropping drastically in performance by the third day of use. This wasn't always the case, when I started I would get a few weeks from them.

So really I was just wondering is it the way I vape or am I just consistently having bad luck and getting duds.
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when I used them, it was less than a week to 2 weeks.. but it was pretty rare i'd get one to last until 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I have some going strong after two months. I blow them out every night and about every three weeks or so soak them in vodka for an hour, then rinse under a warm tap and let dry overnight. Works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

im what way are they going bad ?

iv had mine on the go 11 weeks now
    maybe every 2 or 3 tanks ill blow it out
    if i get a burnt taste i take out the wick and burn it white agen
    every 2 weeks ill clean with vodka and dry burn

when i put a fresh tank in after cleaning ill take a few quick drags to get the wick wet before pushing the buttion and tooting away rocking the juice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Stealthirl wrote: »
    im what way are they going bad ?

iv had mine on the go 11 weeks now
    maybe every 2 or 3 tanks ill blow it out
    if i get a burnt taste i take out the wick and burn it white agen
    every 2 weeks ill clean with vodka and dry burn

when i put a fresh tank in after cleaning ill take a few quick drags to get the wick wet before pushing the buttion and tooting away rocking the juice :D

I switched to dual coil cartomisers about 6 weeks ago, €2 a go and they last for 1-2 weeks at least.. Much better value than attys and way better vapour... Way better. I personally would never go back to using tanks!!!

Mez.

Tryed them meself but they started to spit hot juice into my mouth via a drip tip :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Tryed them meself but they started to spit hot juice into my mouth via a drip tip :(

Never had that happen.... but good to know;)

I should have knowen when i replyed here :(
    1 atty gone today and the other on its last legs, still 77 or so days for 2 of em ant bad at just under a tenner a pop

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Mezamo wrote: »
    I switched to dual coil cartomisers about 6 weeks ago, €2 a go and they last for 1-2 weeks at least.. Much better value than attys and way better vapour... Way better. I personally would never go back to using tanks!!!

Mez.

Im thinking of switching to cartomisers--got a link for some decent ego-t ones?
    Getting 4-6 weeks from the tank attys.The only problem I find is the wicks burning out.Soak in Vodka and a good clean keeps them going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

Dual coils from thebestshop or irishvapers

what he said, dual coils are ****ing fantastic

dont get the clears, they fall apart if you look at them funny. stainless steel or blacks will do you, and at 2 euro a pop it wont cost you much to get a couple to test them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

When i first started vaping they weren't lasting more than 2 weeks before I got continual intermittent burning taste. In general I found this developed a lot quicker on my standard attys, I've one Mega B atty that's been in daily use for 2 months now. I didn't soak that one once, just cleared out all the gunk every time I loaded a new cart. I think the main issue with longevity is all relative to overheating, I've been more patient with this one and once it starts getting any way hot, I put it down and leave it for a good 10 minutes before thinking about using it.

I find my atty doesn't heat up as much or as quick using a nice fresh menthol flavour, could also explain why this one lasted so much longer, this was what was mostly vaped with it.

I've two working attys and I alternate between them, I've one back up left in the drawer, as soon as that gets loaded I'll be testing some dual coils out. Also worth noting I've made efforts to reduce the amount of vaping I do.

There seems to be a wide range of factors that can determine longevity, some of which I've listed below that may help towards increasing longevity if you take them into account.

Constant over use and over heating will kill it very quickly, Type of liquid used, a darker liquid will cause much faster build up/clogging of the atty, cleaning methods used - soaking in normal boiling water will cause a build up of minerals inside over time, which can't be healthy, so I would strongly advise distilled water.

Personally, I won't be ordering the standard attys again but I may well get a few Mega B in case I'm not mad about the dual coils.

yeah, I tried the mega b's before i discovered the dual coils and i was pretty happy with them. They lasted a fair bit longer than the regular tanks for me, but still didn't get as much flavour or vapour as i'm used to now with the dcc's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

B atties were no different to me in terms of longevity. The last one I had gotten was grand for about 3-4 days and then it got a fair bit weaker. I always end up having to draw so hard that juice gets sucked into the parts of the tank that it shouldn't go and after that, my mouth.

Admittedly, I was probably using the e-cig much more like a cigarette when I started off but now I tend to just chain vape it when I pick it up. I find the tank atties aren't really up to the task of heavy use like that.

Weirdly enough at the moment I'm using a LR 510-T atomiser which is on its 10th day or so but I am making an effort to go gentle on it, it has to do me until my next order of DCCs arrive.

I've ordered some 0mg juice this time and was wondering if I will notice a huge drop in throat hit with this on the DCCs? It's my first time trying, I'm dropping down from 11mg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Am sick to death of atties at this stage.
    Would you believe, i have gone through 5 eGo T atomisers since the 7th of August. I have one left from an order that i received, vaping was great for a couple of days then suddenly just stopped. Some that ya buy can last a while but too unreliable to take that risk anymore.

Ordered the Bulli A2 repairable atomiser on Monday and hope to god it's as good as it's made out to be ! Just hoping the last atomiser and a B type one that i have last me till i get that delivered.

get a couple of dual coil cartomisers, black or stainless steel. they'reonly 2 euro each and trust me once you try them you'll fall in love

but yeah, I used to have serious trouble with tanks. I loved them when they worked, but.. whatever I was doing I noticed a serious lack of performance every 1-2 weeks, usually noticeable after 1 but it'd keep going until 2 before I had to ditch it. I'm constantly surprised to see people here saying their tanks last for so long.. just goes against everything I experienced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 moone

mcguffin wrote: »

I am relatively new to vaping but after a bit of research found that tanks need a bit of maintenance to last longer. Also found a youtube video about blowing out the excess liquid from atomizers to tackle the leaking problem. 2 weeks now and everything still going nice and smooth.

my 2 are back up runing :D
    bita TLC sorted them right out,altho vapor production is less and the drag is a bit stiffer,goin to keep them on the go and see how long they last,have 5 unopened ones anyway and im useing a B type aswell.
    Oh_Noes wrote: »
    B atties were no different to me in terms of longevity. The last one I had gotten was grand for about 3-4 days and then it got a fair bit weaker. I always end up having to draw so hard that juice gets sucked into the parts of the tank that it shouldn't go and after that, my mouth.

Admittedly, I was probably using the e-cig much more like a cigarette when I started off but now I tend to just chain vape it when I pick it up. I find the tank atties aren't really up to the task of heavy use like that.

Weirdly enough at the moment I'm using a LR 510-T atomiser which is on its 10th day or so but I am making an effort to go gentle on it, it has to do me until my next order of DCCs arrive.

Id say its more down to the way you use it,when the outside gets hot put it down to cool it off,blow it out when ur changeing tanks

way i look at it is my 2 lasted me 77days thats only about 31c a day or just over €2 a week where as the 3 DCC i tryed lasted 8days so nearly 3 times as much.

I would call myself a med-high vapor user,in the last 12hours iv used about 6-7ml between the tanks and driping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

The ego-t atty's are rubbish lately, I'm getting 2 good days then the performance drops dramatically to the point that I bought 20 fags last week, I'm using dual coil cartos that Sir Digby advised me on and they have been a life saver.

The ego-t atty's are rubbish lately, I'm getting 2 good days then the performance drops dramatically to the point that I bought 20 fags last week, I'm using dual coil cartos that Sir Digby advised me on and they have been a life saver.

Ended up getting a 12.5gm pouch of tobacco on Friday night after my last two atties gave up suddenly.
    Have another old one which has a bit of life in it and using that to smoke less but disappointed in myself to say the least for not lasting longer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

A new ego t atty I received last week died this morning, I'm getting longer out of dual coil cartomisers ATM

I'd be curious to hear more detailed info from people who have experienced a short life span with their atties.

What cleaning method do you use?

Type of liquid used?

Heavy/Medium/Light user?

Could be utterly pointless and just down to pot luck with each atty but part of me suspects something could seriously be affecting longevity.

I'm rapidly approaching 2 1/2 months of usage on 1 type B and it just seems to want to keep on going and it was my only atty in use for the best part of a month too. I suspect that letting them dry out and not leaving some liquid in could play a part, but that's just speculation. Maybe if we all post how we use them and how long they lasted, we might start to see a pattern.

To answer the post above mine:

I've rarely cleaned them, when I have I've left them soaking in whiskey. I use menthol PG 5mg to 18mg. I'd be a fairly heavy user, It's rarely out of my hand and when I vape it, I usually take 3-4 good tokes at a time.

I've completely converted to DCCs now though so I won't be going back to tanks. I find them to be a far better vape as well as a lot cheaper and more reliable. When I started out and was using tanks and vaping like I would smoke a cigarette, I used to get a lot more life from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ktala

Tank atties last me weeks.only problem I used to have was the leaking.

Well im not much of a talker but heres how 1 of my tank attys vape after 3 months nearly,iv used lots of juice types in it bar menthol. I have put atleast 1 tank thro it every single day.
    Every time i refill the tank ill blow out the atty and every 10-14 days ill clean with vodka and burn the wick.

the other atty i have as back up is the same but has seen about half the useage

I was trying to show off a bit near the end and do rings but failed :o and despite how i look im a shy guy so dont talk :rolleyes:
    sorry about the quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ktala

Well im not much of a talker but heres how 1 of my tank attys vape after 3 months nearly,iv used lots of juice types in it bar menthol. I have put atleast 1 tank thro it every single day.
    Every time i refill the tank ill blow out the atty and every 10-14 days ill clean with vodka and burn the wick.

the other atty i have as back up is the same but has seen about half the useage

I was trying to show off a bit near the end and do rings but failed :o and despite how i look im a shy guy so dont talk :rolleyes:
    sorry about the quality

Fair play to ya, Thanks for sharing.

That's good going stealth. I don't think this will be much of an issue for me anymore, friend came over last night with a DCC and just wow!

I'm officially converted and done with T atties! (at least until I get sick of filling them :pac:)

Samba wrote: »
    That's good going stealth. I don't think this will be much of an issue for me anymore, friend came over last night with a DCC and just wow!

I'm officially converted and done with atties! (at least until I get sick of filling them :pac:)

And how did you fill yours?

This a good way? Or can someone post a YouTube vid the way they do it.

Got a DCC few weeks back and made a bags of it so expecting one in the morning and wanna get it right. I know it's not rocket science, just wanna get the best out of it.

And now for the stupid question, in the video above he takes out the white piece with the hole in it.
    Do you put that back in when finished filling and put a drip tip on which would push the white piece down or just a drip tip on it's own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

My e-go t attys are still working fine 13 weeks on..

• Advertisement

bryaner wrote: »
    My e-go t attys are still working fine 13 weeks on..

From the first starter pack ya got Bryaner !?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

derra wrote: »
    From the first starter pack ya got Bryaner !?

Yes indeed derra, still going strong on the first atty keeping the other as backup.

How are things going for you?

bryaner wrote: »
    Yes indeed derra, still going strong on the first atty keeping the other as backup.

How are things going for you?

That's some going alright. Ya must be well happy with that.

I've become addicted to getting stuff in the post knowing it be there next day:D

It's been going grand, bit of a relapse last weekend when i got a small pouch but back on track now.

Did'nt last long without the e-cigarette but that be another thread in itself.

And how did you fill yours?

This a good way? Or can someone post a YouTube vid the way they do it.

Got a DCC few weeks back and made a bags of it so expecting one in the morning and wanna get it right. I know it's not rocket science, just wanna get the best out of it.

And now for the stupid question, in the video above he takes out the white piece with the hole in it.
    Do you put that back in when finished filling and put a drip tip on which would push the white piece down or just a drip tip on it's own?

Hehe,

Yeah I managed to make a pretty good mess filling the first one, I've ordered a syringe, looks very quick and easy using that method.

Here's another two ways of doing it.

If you have a drip tip then just take the white rubber piece out of the carto and throw it away. Keep one of the two clear plastic "condoms" that come with it.

Drip juice into the top where you took out the white piece and have the "condom" underneath the other end of it so when the carto is full, your extre juice will land in the "condom". Give it all a quick wipe and put the drip tip in where the white thingy was. Stick it on your battery and it's ready to go.

There's loads of very innovative ways to do it online but they make it more complicated than it has to be, you're just soaking a sponge to be honest about it.

EDIT: The fastest way I've found to do it is by filling up both little rubber socks and putting them on a table. Take out the white piece and put in the drip tip in. Then drink up all the juice from the rubber socks, using your carto like a straw. Two of those little rubber socks full seems to fill it for me. Anymore than that and you may end up with a gob full of juice ;)

Spot on lads, cheers. Well clued up on them now.
    Looking forward to getting it now and if the Bulli atomiser arrives in the post as well i'll be vapers heaven!
    Syringes, bottles of juice, cartos, atties, tanks, batteries and all sorts everywhere, what are we like :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

Find it a bit awkward carrying syringes when out and about :rolleyes:

Snap, Crackle and Pop :eek:
    Feeling dizzy with this DCC :D
    Used the method below and worked a treat, powerful throat hit!
    No sign of the Bulli today which is a disappointment, so used to getting stuff next day and waiting more than two weeks for something is a killer!

Read on another forum that ya can put a DCC in the freezer for few hours when you think they have had it.
    A lot of users reporting a new lease of life after thawing out !
    Worth trying anyway.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    EDIT: The fastest way I've found to do it is by filling up both little rubber socks and putting them on a table. Take out the white piece and put in the drip tip in. Then drink up all the juice from the rubber socks, using your carto like a straw. Two of those little rubber socks full seems to fill it for me. Anymore than that and you may end up with a gob full of juice ;)

Tried this out and works a treat thanks! Just a quick question, roughly how many rubber sock fills (counting two socks as a fill) would you get from each one?

Tkavan, I would have thought the simplest thing would be to bring out a pre filled spare DCC no? :D

Samba wrote: »
    Tried this out and works a treat thanks! Just a quick question, roughly how many rubber sock fills (counting two socks as a fill) would you get from each one?

I'm not sure to be honest, I don't always fill that way for fear of getting the juice in my mouth. I did start a new bottle of juice and a new DCC on the wednesday last week. Decided to change to a new DCC this morning and the bottle of juice is about a quarter empty. So I probably put about 12-15ml of juice into that DCC over the five days I was using it.

• Advertisement

Been vaping using the LR DCs, my friend had dropped me in a smok 3.5 xl, which I was very impressed with, no leakage and very nice. Having used the the LR DCs, I have to say i'm just not a fan of them.

I came across this site through the link on another thread about the new volcano mod coming out, these guys have it on pre-order, I haven't used them personally but they come highly recommended on many forums.

If ordering, I would tread carefully all the same, do a test order first, prices though are very attractive for some items, including the new DCC XL. Delivery via registered post is €6

http://www.solovapor.es/

Advertisement