Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum FAQs

Options
  • 10-08-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭

It was suggested a while back that we should have an FAQ section and although it is there (hidden away in the Forum Charter sticky) it's a bit short on material. So I'm going to have a go at collecting a bunch of useful threads that can be edited/merged together and so on and see if I can come up with some sort of organised reference list that people looking for advice etc. on various topics can be referred to. Unfortunately I think its going to be very canine orientated as the forum in general gets more and more dog threads by the day, but by all means post links to threads on other critters also. It's going to take a while so don't expect to see any instant results but I will endeavour to have something to show within a few weeks.

Some examples:
    Book recommendations,
    How to buy a dog,
    Dog food and nutritional info,
    Neutering
    Puppy training (house training/crate training/ chewing etc)
    General obedience training/ problem solving.
    A few kitty threads along the same lines would be good also.

It would really help if some of you would use this thread to post links to past threads that you think had good info in them.

but . . .

Can you please refrain from posting the following on this thread:

Good idea!
    Lets have a thread about x,y,z etc.
    Quoting other peoples posts and disagreeing with choice of threads they have posted, any and all links will be considered on their own merits.

Please DO post,
    A link to any thread you found particularly memorable, helpful, informative or insightful.

The more I have to work with the better really, so how well this turns out depends on how much of a response this thread gets.

I am open to PM's with suggestions etc. but please keep this thread clutter free as much as possible.

*** Most Importantly ***

*** Do Not Bump Up Old Threads That Have Been Linked Here

. . . or I'll get really mad :p

<EDT> Don't worry about posting doubles of links as I can easily dump them in a spreadsheet and sort that way.

Comments

Advertisement