Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeltacht!!! Help Please!!

Options
  • 10-08-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭

OK so I meant to be going to the gaeltacht this weekend, but the problem is the first day I meant to be going to something big is on and I was wondering would it be ok to miss the first day or is that not allowed? Also my football championship matches are coming up this week and I also wanted to know does this mean i miss out on those too? Another thing I have been told Im not allowed bring my mobile so will there be other ways Ill be allowed contact my parents etc or is it prohibited. Finally what should I bring and what exactly will I be doing there kinda nervous. THanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Adamocovic wrote: »
    OK so I meant to be going to the gaeltacht this weekend, but the problem is the first day I meant to be going to something big is on and I was wondering would it be ok to miss the first day or is that not allowed? Also my football championship matches are coming up this week and I also wanted to know does this mean i miss out on those too? Another thing I have been told Im not allowed bring my mobile so will there be other ways Ill be allowed contact my parents etc or is it prohibited. Finally what should I bring and what exactly will I be doing there kinda nervous. THanks

Get your parents to ring up the irish college and explain that you'll be missing first day and also the days you need to leave for football.It's grand as long as you sign in and out with the principal's permission but your parents need to inform the college you'll be leaving.You should be allowed bring your phone,usually the bean an tí takes the phone and the students are allowed to have them to ring parents/text friends etc from 6-8.Saying that,it depends what irish college your going to. Bring plenty of clothes for all sorts of weather,towel,toilietries,etc.Normally you have classes in the morning,then in the afternoon,sport or down to the beach then in the evening the céilí.Hope that helps,any other questions,dont hesitate to ask.

Advertisement