Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law for non-law graduate

Options
  • 10-08-2011 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

So after getting my degree in business I have decided I would like to persue a career in law. At the moment I am pretty sure I want to do Blackhall but feel that I should keep Kings Inn in mind

My options seem to be:

DIT's post graduate diploma in law-seems to cater well to the Fe1s but not recognised by Kings Inn
    UCD's Masters in Common Law
    ULs law degree (graduate entry)
    or Griffith college

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Did you do much law in your business degree?

NUIG's LLB program can be completed in 2 years for commerce graduates.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Thedogsgone

I've been accepted onto the BA(ord) in law in DIT, I was considering the postgraduate diploma but some of the core legal modules have to be taken during the day which isnt ideal if you are in full time work.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

I've been accepted onto the BA(ord) in law in DIT, I was considering the postgraduate diploma but some of the core legal modules have to be taken during the day which isnt ideal if you are in full time work.

Congratulations on the DIT degree!

Have you looked here at the recognised degrees for Kings Inns?

http://www.kingsinns.ie/website/current_students/diploma/pdfs/Schedule%20of%20Approved%20degrees%202011%20brochure.pdf

Have a look for your course. I seen the LL.B from DIT, number 53.

Your previous degree as you probably know will allow you to go down the Blackhall route. Just double check the Kings Inns. If you're putting in three years for a new degree make sure you get the most options possible from it.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the course!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 TeachMealog

Depending on the law element of your Business Studies degree I believe UCG have an entry route to 2nd year of their Law degree.
    Not sure if other colleges do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deje88

I was looking at moving over to london, i graduated with a 2.1 from Dublin institute of technology in Postgraduate Diploma in Law. Subjecst : Constitutional Law, Contract Law, Equity, Property (Land) Law, Torts. I have the option of doing a further year for the llb which would include European Union Law, Criminal Law, Company Law, Administrative Law, Human Rights Law, Jurisprudence.

But im a bit confused as to would this be benificial, would an Irish llb satisfy the graduate diploma in law.

• Advertisement
Advertisement