Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know a shop that has american sweets in Dublin city?

Options
  • 10-08-2011 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm going to Dublin for a doctors appointment next week. I know that Dublin has practically everything so I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a shop to buy American sweets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

There's a place called "Happy Pills" on Spranglers Yard in Templebar will probably have American sweets. Haven't been myself but it got good review on yelp.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Try Clearys, O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Second vote for happy pills in temple bar - you should find most things there and probably get special stuff in for you if you asked.

Also have a look at amazon.co.UK, they deliver groceries to Ireland now.

You can get pretty much everything from Lucky Charms to Hershey's kisses in Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer St. but you'll have to pay a good bit for it. They have loads of American products.

Happy pills is good but personally I've been in there and not bought anything. They did have some interesting stuff though.

The Candy Store on O' Connell St. has a lot of really nice stuff, not sure how much of it is American but it's surely worth a stop. They definitely have Hershey's and Twizzlers and all that.

The Sweet Life in Georges St. Arcade is nice, it's small, but they're really helpful there and may have a few hidden gems (not much that I'd recognise as American but they've got lots of good stuff).

Like I said, Fallon & Byrne is the only place where I'm sure you'll find lots of American stuff, but the other places are definitely worth a look if they're on your way to where you're going. Pretty much all of the places above will have Hershey's and Reese's cups etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Another vote for Happy Pills, wasn't too overpriced either. I got Twizzlers, Sour Nerds, Whoppers and Tootsie Pops in there last time.

(I'm a sweet fiend!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I think you can get Snickers and M&Ms in Spar on Talbot Street.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

But you can get COCONUT M&MS in Happy Pills. They are the M&Ms of Gods. Taste like little macaroon bars or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

keep an eye on the euro shops, they sell hersheys from time to time

Advertisement