Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Leonberger owners on here?

Options
  • 10-08-2011 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭

I've always loved the look of these big fluffy dogs but have never seen one in Ireland. I've seen them on my travels. They really are a beautiful dog and am surprised by not having seen on here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I see they club got IKC recognition in 2010.
    http://www.leonbergerclubireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

There is a guy the walks his in St Annes park, dublin 5. Lovely dog. Really friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I seen one at the pet expo in 2009, haven't been since but I think they have a stand on the breed section every year. There's been a few threads looking for leonberger breeders on here and I think there are a few in Ireland. Are you looking to get one or just looking for info on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I've seen a female leonberger in Dartry park. She is HUGE!!:D The first time i met her I was bent down putting the lead on my dog and her head just appeared beside me!! Lovely dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I seen one at the pet expo in 2009, haven't been since but I think they have a stand on the breed section every year. There's been a few threads looking for leonberger breeders on here and I think there are a few in Ireland. Are you looking to get one or just looking for info on them?

God no. I have my hands full with a Ridgie and cat. But its a breed I've always liked yet its not very common. In recent years I've seen quite a few Bernese around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement