Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery Channel's 10 Greatest Dinosaurs

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

What, no Stegosaurus? No Ankylosaurus? No Therizinosaurus?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I find that list a bit strange, but then that is me I suppose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

What would your top 10 list be? :D

Using the term 'Dinosaur very loosely and right off the top of my head.

1. Liopleurodon

2. Kronosaurus.

3. mosasaur maximus.

(A bit of a theme here I think)

4. T-rex

5. Brontosaurus. (Yes it is not it's name now, but I still like it.)

6. Stegosaurus.

7. Dimetrodon.

8. Triceratops.

9. Spinosaurus.

10. and any species of Ichthyosaurs cos I like them.

ps, I do also reserve the right to change my mind LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Adam Khor wrote: »
    What, no Stegosaurus? No Ankylosaurus? No Therizinosaurus?!

Ankylosaurus did make it. However, I doubt the credibility of any such list which lacks Therizinosaurus..
    And we all know what the best dinosaur was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Where the f*&k was Allosaurus!?

Who voted in this poll?
    Did they hang around the outside of the clinic for the 'Awesome Deficient' with a clipboard and a bag of cookies?

764px-Allosaurus_Jaws_Steveoc86.jpg

I think poor Allosaurus suffers from being remembered as taht generic looking carnivore from kids dino books that wasn't as big as T.rex.
    allosaurus.jpg

Not as cool as the more modern restorations :cool:

index.php?action=mgallery%3Bsa=media&id=1773

My top ten?

10. Utahraptor. Overhyped, Big ego. But a badarse non the less.
    9. Giganotosaurus/Charcharodontasaurus (Hate 'em because I can't spell 'em)
    8. Stegosaurus - Because you have to.
    7. Ankylosaur - Because body armour is cool.
    6. Troodon - AKA "Geek-With-Teeth" Why? You know what? I'm not sure.
    5. Tylosaurus. - Had the guts to get wet. Or as I like to call them "Land-Quitters"
    4. Gorgosaurus. - A Rex with northern exposure. The Sarah Palin of the family..
    3. Daspleteosaurus - Not german. Never invaded Poland (but that would be a movie I'd pay to see.
    2. Tyrannosaurus Rex. - 'Nuff said.

And #1 this week and for the 130,000,000,000th week running....

Allosaurus Fragilis. - Aka "My Mate Al".

Well I've always said I dont have a favorite dinosaur, I LUV THEM ALL! but if I had to write a top ten list like RIGHT NOW, well, let's see what happens.

10- Stegosaurus: Cuz it's cool looking, a classic, and can kick any theropod's ass with its thagomizer!
    9- Spinosaurus: Say what you wish about Spino, it rocks. And it's much bigger than T-Rex and co. Live with it.
    8- Therizinosaurus: The Wolverine of dinosaurs (as in, Wolverine the adamantium guy, not the mustelid bottomless pit). Biggest claws in the history of everything. Who cares if it's a herbivore?
    7- Ankylosaurus: Cuz it's bullet proof. If I had one as a pet I would call him Tank. Not very original but cool and concise.
    6- Pachycephalosaurus: A classic, and it COULD head butt. Scru u Horner.
    5- Pteranodon: I love all pterosaurs, but Pteranodon is the classic one and one of the largest. I include "Geosternbergia" here cuz that new name sucks.
    4- Ceratosaurus: Cuz, c´mon, it's venomous!! Haha at least I like to picture it that way, plus it has horns AND saberteeth.
    3- Deinonychus: Bigger, badder cousin to Velociraptor, it's the one in Jurassic Park AND the first raptor I ever knew.
    2- Triceratops: When I was a kid this one was my favorite. Anyone who can beat T-Rex is super badass and a legend by his own right.
    1- T-Rex, duh.

Of course, every time you asked me to write the list again I would mention different dinosaurs cuz I love them all! XD:D

Well I've always said I dont have a favorite dinosaur, I LUV THEM ALL! but if I had to write a top ten list like RIGHT NOW, well, let's see what happens.

10- Stegosaurus: Cuz it's cool looking, a classic, and can kick any theropod's ass with its thagomizer!
    9- Spinosaurus: Say what you wish about Spino, it rocks. And it's much bigger than T-Rex and co. Live with it.
    8- Therizinosaurus: The Wolverine of dinosaurs (as in, Wolverine the adamantium guy, not the mustelid bottomless pit). Biggest claws in the history of everything. Who cares if it's a herbivore?
    7- Ankylosaurus: Cuz it's bullet proof. If I had one as a pet I would call him Tank. Not very original but cool and concise.
    6- Pachycephalosaurus: A classic, and it COULD head butt. Scru u Horner.
    5- Pteranodon: I love all pterosaurs, but Pteranodon is the classic one and one of the largest. I include "Geosternbergia" here cuz that new name sucks.
    4- Ceratosaurus: Cuz, c´mon, it's venomous!! Haha at least I like to picture it that way, plus it has horns AND saberteeth.
    3- Deinonychus: Bigger, badder cousin to Velociraptor, it's the one in Jurassic Park AND the first raptor I ever knew.
    2- Triceratops: When I was a kid this one was my favorite. Anyone who can beat T-Rex is super badass and a legend by his own right.
    1- T-Rex, duh.

Of course, every time you asked me to write the list again I would mention different dinosaurs cuz I love them all! XD:D

As one who knows from experience, I ask you, was the treatment in the aformentioned clinic expensive, or did VHI cover it?

• Advertisement

As one who knows from experience, I ask you, was the treatment in the aformentioned clinic expensive, or did VHI cover it?

Not following...

Disagreements don't you just love them :D

Seriously though this raises a point. Everyone has their own favourites. I am not sure (short of a major poll) what would be the top ten of all time.

What I like would not be the same as what Adam likes, which is not the same as those that Alvin likes and so on.

Not sure how you could structure such a poll myself. A list of twenty or maybe a hundred dino's and you give marks to your top ten from that list? The one with the most points would be OVERALL the favourite?

That may be possible but it is a task I don't fancy taking on.

Most people would struggle to name ten dinosaurs... let alone make a top ten :(

Sadly Galvasean I agree entirely with that. Ask anyone in the street and they will automatically say T-rex, possibly followed by Triceratops and Brontosaurus, and that would be about it.

Rubecula wrote: »
    Sadly Galvasean I agree entirely with that. Ask anyone in the street and they will automatically say T-rex, possibly followed by Triceratops and Brontosaurus, and that would be about it.

Most people here would actually say Velociraptor before Brontosaurus...

Not following...

Just slightly messing with you.

VHI = Bluecross/Blueshield?

Health insurance.
    Was it required for treatment in the clinic for the awesome surpressed, or was it covered by medicare/medicaid/s-chip(?)

-or-

You lack awesomness as you did not inclue Allosaurus in your list. :P

Rubecula wrote: »
    If pushed, then you might get Spinosaurus, or "The-one-wiv-da-wings" or somesuch

Just slightly messing with you.

VHI = Bluecross/Blueshield?

Health insurance.
    Was it required for treatment in the clinic for the awesome surpressed, or was it covered by medicare/medicaid/s-chip(?)

-or-

You lack awesomness as you did not inclue Allosaurus in your list. :P

Yeah well... truth is a top 10 list will always feel lame XD Too many awesome dinos

Advertisement