Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to neuter 2 female dogs

Options
  • 10-08-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello! I'am new in Ireland - so please excuse my lack of english :)

We got 2 female dogs last Saturday. They are only 2 month old now so I have some time to find what I am looking for.

I would like to get them neutered at least after their first heat.
    But as far as I figured out it is standard in Ireland to remove the uterus and the oviduct. As I knew that the percentage of getting an incontinent dog is very high. I had a dog once suffering under incontinent after neutered.

So,......my father was a vet in Austria and they only removed the oviduct - because the probability for the dog to get a pyrometry is very less after this "partly neutering". It also has the advantage that there is no risk for incontinent and dog also do not change their character and will have no problems with their weight. Also the operation is a lot "easier and the cut will be much smaller.

This is the standard way of neutering dogs in Austria.

I was hoping to find a vet doing it in the same way but so far I have no success.

Maybe you could help me,.... I live in the Cork area but would be willing to travel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Firstly welcome to the boards and don't worry your english is fine :D

heres a previous post with some interesting info on keyhole spay

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71986221

A couple of posts in mention a vet in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 13 felis

Thank you so much! I'll go through to this post! As far as I read that is exactly what I was looking for - much easier when you know the vocabulary :) keyhole spay

Advertisement