Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted : Musicians for working band, Cork-Waterford

Options
  • 10-08-2011 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to reach out and network with similar minded musicians in the south east area (Cork and Waterford) for a specific project I've got going.

I play in a couple of original bands but want to put together a group for playing paid gigs in pubs throughout Ireland.

Idea
    I've had to cancel various gigs over the years due to a band member not being able to do it due to work commitments or whatever, so my idea is to get as many interested people together and build up a stable of guys.

That way the band would never have to turn down work if somebody had something else on that night cos we would have someone else to step in and play the show with.

So whether you play bass, guitar, sing or play drums and think you might me interested I want to hear from you.

I myself play guitar, bass and sing. Depending on what was needed for a particular gig I could either play bass and vox or guitar. The music would be rock based, not too heavy and not too light.

Age between 20 - 26 would be ideal but I'm not overly bothered with that.

Having professional gear and transport is a must.

That's a very general overview of what I want to do. If you'd like some more info then just send me a pm.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭boogeyman

Thanks for the mails guys. I'm working my way through them and will reply to all as I go;)

Anybody else out there have any interest?

Singers, guitarists, bassists, drummers - all welcome:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 steve79

PM'D :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rodneypearl

boogeyman wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to reach out and network with similar minded musicians in the south east area (Cork and Waterford) for a specific project I've got going.

I play in a couple of original bands but want to put together a group for playing paid gigs in pubs throughout Ireland.

Idea
    I've had to cancel various gigs over the years due to a band member not being able to do it due to work commitments or whatever, so my idea is to get as many interested people together and build up a stable of guys.

That way the band would never have to turn down work if somebody had something else on that night cos we would have someone else to step in and play the show with.

So whether you play bass, guitar, sing or play drums and think you might me interested I want to hear from you.

I myself play guitar, bass and sing. Depending on what was needed for a particular gig I could either play bass and vox or guitar. The music would be rock based, not too heavy and not too light.

Age between 20 - 26 would be ideal but I'm not overly bothered with that.

Having professional gear and transport is a must.

That's a very general overview of what I want to do. If you'd like some more info then just send me a pm.

Thanks for reading.

Hey im a drummer with a busy covers band in Waterford , 10 yrs giging experience with lots of contacts across the southeast . Own transport and professional gear , still got time for a project like yours, 31 yrs old also do harmonies !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 theboss7

Hey I'm 26 and have been doing gigs in pubs for the past 8 years in cork. I play acoustic guitar, harmonica, a little piano and I sing. Would be interested. Thanks.

Advertisement