Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking

Options
  • 10-08-2011 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

If u have quit smoking what do you find best to make your cravings vansish.
    I quit 4 weeks ago and still get cravings in the evening time???????

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from Helpdesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭belle2e

how do i post a new thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Belle 2,
    well done on quitting and don't give up now. You might find reading pretty good, especially something that tells you how really bad smoking is for you. Try googling, "Terrible effects of smoking on health". I found reading this stuff really helped, also say to yourself, i won't smoke for the next 4 hours and keep doing it. Smoking really is disgusting and more than likely will kill you. My father had a terrible death from smoking. Just look at people who smoke, get right up beside them and smell them. Now, do you want to be like that? Go on, stick with it, if you're tough enough. Hope that helps you, or someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

I used to play my son's DS to distract myself and found it great. I also did a lot of knitting (terrible stuff) but it kept the hands busy. I found if you just say to yourself "I'll just not smoke today and before long each day is flying past and its getting easier and easier. Sitting doing nothing in the evenings is really dangerous.....do something. The basket of ironing, go to a night class, take up a new hobby. Go for a walk with a friend, anything to keep the mind off it. The physical cravings for me went first and then the mental cravings took some time. You're doing brilliant, keep going, its the best present you will ever give yourself and your family.:)

Advertisement