Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAME 4WD - Wont go into 4th gear

Options
  • 10-08-2011 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a SAME Panther - 4WD, which i bought second hand. its old - about 1980.

Its running perfect - everything - except it wont go into 4th gear (low or high). When you try to put it in, it just grinds like mad.

it goes into every other gear perfect, without a bodder.

any ideas how to fix this? is it a big job? will it have to be split, or can i get it from opening up from the top, where the gear lever is?

thanks,
    Jo
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

You have it easy! I drove a car for 6 months a few years back with the exact same problem except it was the reverse gear that wouldn't work. I'll tell you it made for a few comical situations!icon6.gif
    Nothing like a bit of hardship in a vehicle. There was a court case a few years ago where a fella was driving around a car with a big hole under the foot pedals and there was a vicegrips holding electrical cables together - NCT test how are you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

comical situations!icon6.gif!

well i was like an old woman drawing bales along the main road at the weekend. - 12 mph!!

Advertisement