Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Barry blacks out

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I hope he's ok , I'm sure a performer of his ability has all the risks covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

What a ****e climax to a show.
    2 guys tie you up and wrap clingfilm around your face and you have to escape?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Glad to see he's ok but what a stupid thing to do. There must be plenty of ways to make this look real and dangerous without it actually being you know, real and dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

You don't 'recover' after blacking out, if he lost consciousness in a situation like this he wouldn't have regained it without external assistance.

So it was likely a PR stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

You don't 'recover' after blacking out, if he lost consciousness in a situation like this he wouldn't have regained it without external assistance.

he still performed the escape, added an 'edge' to that show and future performances of the same trick, and got a lot of publicity for his €500. didn't believe this was real for a second, but fair play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

RGDATA! wrote: »
    got a lot of publicity for his €500.

Ticket sales for his show have been very poor, there are loads still available for tomorrow, pretty pathetic effort at trying to generate ticket sales in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Exactly! He 'blacked out' because of a lack of oxygen due to the clingfilm on his face, yet recovered with the lack on oxygen ongoing. Dubious indeed.

Advertisement