Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass player required in Dublin

Options
  • 10-08-2011 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

We require a bass player.

We have lead vocals, rhythm guitar/keys, lead guitar and drums. We have rehearsed around 7 songs now and have around 10 more written. Home demos at:

http://www.myspace.com/568920025

We also recorded some ad hoc rehearsals if you would like to see how we sound live. PM me with email for this.

We are looking for someone who is reliable and inventive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Collectively we are into Beatles, Beach Boys, The Smiths, Radiohead, Midlake, Patrick Watson, among other stuff.

We would like to introduce more layered sounds and harmonies as we develop the songs we have, working methodically on songs rather than just jamming them out and leaving it at that. The four of us have already developed good communication in rehearsals and this has benefitted the songs immensely. To me, song structure is key and you cannot have that without discussion between players.

Anyway, if this sounds good, get in touch. We are close to completing a live set, we just need a bass player.

Thanks.

If you leave a PM, leave some background info and a link to a demo if you have one.

I have uploaded four songs from rehearsal, including a new song. It was just one mic recording the lot, so don't expect high quality sound. It should give you an idea of how the songs will sound.

http://www.myspace.com/568920025/music

EDIT: There are more rehearsal songs below "Food for Thought", just click "see all".

bump

bump

• Advertisement

bump

As per the charter, please go easy with the bumping

As per the charter, please go easy with the bumping

NO EXCESSIVE BUMPING OF THREADS at least
    wait a day or so before bumping a thread , if you
    get excessive with your bumping you'll get a temp
    banning.

I did wait a day for each bump. Perhaps the rule should say two days, but it doesn't.

Seeing that 'at least one day' doesn't mean one day, please let me know what time frame is appropriate as I have nothing but the charter to work off.

So far you are the only person that has responded on this thread, in 4 days, bar my moderator warning.

If I was in your shoes, I would be more inclined to ask why is that, when other threads seeking bass players have had posts in them other than the OP's.

Have a read of this thread, "How to find yourself a bandmate 101 (opinions welcome)". There's some good contributions and it might help you get a bass player.

The Charter is being updated as we speak.

Ok, thanks for that. I have had PMs, btw.

• Advertisement

Thread closed as requested

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement