Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas restaurant with (semi) private area

Options
  • 09-08-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Looking for recommendation for a restaurant in Naas that might have an area or private room for a group dinner for approx 20 people? Even if its a cozy alcove etc.
    Looking at weeping thaiger - any thoughts? I havent been here. whats its like inside? Any secluded areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I've eaten here http://viedechateaux.ie/viedechateaux/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

very nice, and not large - they make let you book out with 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'd recommend Swapna, Indian Restaurant.

Lovely food, has private area, and the manager is a really nice bloke.

Havent eaten there in a while (Doctors orders/No Spicy grub for a while) but the place gets full marks from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Tenors for value.

Las Rada for a relaxed night out, good food and reasonably priced.

Trax is a step up from Tenors in every way, food is that bit better, location that bit more plush and price a bit higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Trax (used to be the Storehouse) have an semi private room off the main dining room. I guess you could ask them is it possible to book that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

The Bridgewater in Sallins is a great place/good menu.

• Advertisement

Vie de Chateaux, while being a lvely place, is far from private.
    It is quite small and the seats are very close together.

There was a party of about 8 or 10 people there the last time I was there, and they completely took over the place in every respect, waiters time, noise etc.

Wasn't a problem, but I wouldn't recommend it as a location for a group of 20.

Vie de Chateaux, while being a lvely place, is far from private.
    It is quite small and the seats are very close together.

There was a party of about 8 or 10 people there the last time I was there, and they completely took over the place in every respect, waiters time, noise etc.

Wasn't a problem, but I wouldn't recommend it as a location for a group of 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Las Rada Tapas Bar I think has a private room for up to 30 people. I heard good reports about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Ghandee is spot on,
    The best Indian I've had outside of India, 100% quality and great service.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

20 people would probably fill the upstairs part in Las Rada. I don't really rate it though. Butt Mullins? They have sections that would fit your party? Give 'em a ring anyway, they're very accommodating.(sp)

• Advertisement

Butt Mullins used to be a nice place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

Las Rada has a very cosy party room upstairs holds up to 36 people, it is very well decorated and presented to look cosy and relaxing, perfect for a private dinner/party. They even can arrange a group menu where for 15 euro or 20 euro per person you can all try a selection of the menu, great value and very filling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

Trax has a nice semi private area that would suit you.
    Great City (chinese above the gem) has an area just inside the door.
    Mirama (Chinese above the caspo centre) has a second private floor.
    Butt Mullins would fit 20 people down the end of the restaurant.
    Fate also has an area upstairs.

Vie de Chateaux is not private in anyway.

Of those I'd go with Trax but that's my opinion

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Trax all the way. Went for dinner there last night, and it's my number one in Naas now. Can still taste the steak. Poor on the wine list though. But can't fault the food one bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lslola

Kavanaghs Bar-Grill-Tapas have a new Tapas & Wine Bar open.
    It can be booked out for party's over 10and can seat 20-25 people.Has a lovely heated outdoor seating area.
    Tapas from €3.50, glass of wine from €4 and cocktails from €5
    Have eaten there loads since it has opened and can highly reccomend it.

Call 045-897070 to make the reservation...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 anchor man

Highly recommend Trax too, had a party of about 12 in that little room beside the main area and really enjoyed it. Not too sure if they could fit 20 in it. Great value with their early bird menus!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jillym

I know you are looking for a restaurant in Naas but I would highly recommend the Pink room in the Westgrove, its just fabulous. It should fit 20 and you will get so well looked after. Check out the website www.westgrovehotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Trax is def worth checking out. €28 for three courses. ( €7 extra for steak ). Beautiful food. Plus they have that side room.

prospect wrote: »
    Butt Mullins used to be a nice place to go.

I am going to update this post.

Butts seem to have rediscovered its form. Through no fault of my own I have been twice in the last 4 months, each time in groups of 6 - 8 and everyone was very pleased with everything they ordered.

Another addition to lovely places to eat locally is The Canal Walk cafe in Sallins. Only opens Thur, Fri & Sat for dinner, but the food is very good and the menu , although small, changes most weeks depending on what fresh ingredients are available.

Advertisement