Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-ordering games any good websites, in order to recieve early?

Options
  • 09-08-2011 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hello guys,

I know first of all what your going to say is "depends on the post system". Which you are correct but it also depends on when a company dispatches the game. So what good websites dispatch games early that you have a good possibility of receiving a day before release?
    I here shopto.net is good????

NORTH AND SOUTH OF IRELAND ADDRESS'S , AS I HAVE HOMES IN BOTH SIDES OF COUNTRY.

All replies will be appreciated from both sides of the country:D Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gamestop.ie are meant to good delivery wise and gamesnash.ie,also amazon.co.uk are meant to be good if you chose the super expensive delivery option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

just go into xtravision after 9pm the day before release and you'll get it there

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

in good old Eire - the only sure solution of getting a game on the day is from shops.
    gamesnash.ie (represented on boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1222) are mostly reliable and I get most releases the day before if not on the day - but there have been a few releases which the distributors won't let them post out on until the day before which blows as anpost isn't guaranteed 1 day delivery to all of Ireland. So sometimes worth paying the next day delivery option.
    EDIT and a plus with gamesnash is that Pat here is pretty responsive, so you tend to know what's going on and can take action if necessary :)

Can't comment on the north.

But I never receive on the day releases from online order from gamestop, game, gamestation, zavvi, play, hmv, amazon or any other in the UK or EU. despite some shipping 2 days before release they are almost guaranteed to arrive the following week after release. The only option that works as mentioned previously seems to be to pay the most expensive courier option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 daryljames

ahrite, but how come i cant seem to find gears of war 3 on gamesnash.ie. game.co.uk any good if preordered 1st class?

ask about it over in the gamesnash forum
    It could be many reasons - a lot of the time they don't put up the preorders for that month until the start of the month unless they're the big titles like MW3
    Only way to be sure is to ask.

If you truly have an address in the north 1 day business express from game should work. their 2 day free postage probably won't and if your getting delivered to the south - it's definitely not going to be with you for launch weekend!

• Advertisement

well demonik,

Just a quick question if you can get games a day early from gamesnash, what delivery option are you using from their website. Express or standard, You ship it to your home in limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

If it's a PC game that offers a Steam preload you can get it within minutes of release (depending on network traffic, if you set your country to Ukraine or not, etc.)

daryljames wrote: »
    well demonik,

Just a quick question if you can get games a day early from gamesnash, what delivery option are you using from their website. Express or standard, You ship it to your home in limerick?

I don't get every game the day before hand (delivered to my home in Limerick)....
    Most of the time standard delivery is good to get on the day of release - and as I said occasionally the day before. There have been times it didn't arrive on the day of release though...

The only way to be sure of on the day is the registered option and am sure that probably increases your chance of before the day of release too...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

Choose express delivery from Gamestop.ie and you will have it a day early for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Only last night I cancelled my deus ex pre order with Play.com on the advice of boards members saying I wouldnt get the game even on release day.

Again on the advice of boards members I then pre ordered it with gamestop.ie using the 5.50 delivery option. Hope to have it a day before release if im lucky.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

You'll have it early for sure, they ship the games days in advance to make sure they make street date.

joe123 wrote: »
    Only last night I cancelled my deus ex pre order with Play.com on the advice of boards members saying I wouldnt get the game even on release day.

Again on the advice of boards members I then pre ordered it with gamestop.ie using the 5.50 delivery option. Hope to have it a day before release if im lucky.:D

Let me know if you got the game day early joe. Would appreciate the info

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gamestop are really good at getting the games out early. Only time I had a problem was with Duke Nukem - there had been some computer screw-up that meant it wasn't sent out at all. However, when I got onto them, they sorted it and threw in a free copy of Blur by way of apology.

Turned out that Blur was the much, much better game too.

Gamestop are really good at getting the games out early. Only time I had a problem was with Duke Nukem - there had been some computer screw-up that meant it wasn't sent out at all. However, when I got onto them, they sorted it and threw in a free copy of Blur by way of apology.

Turned out that Blur was the much, much better game too.
    What postage did you use super? Express or standard? And do you live far from gamestop dispatch hq in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Standard, not sure where they dispatch from but I'm in Rathfarnham.

joe123 wrote: »

Wel joe i was just wondering dd you recieve your preorder of deus ex early?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I ordered Deus Ex from Gamestop.ie yesterday morning and it arrived today. Used the express post option. Portal 2 and LA noire arrived on the Wednesday for me too when I ordered from 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I ordered Deus Ex from Gamestop.ie yesterday morning and it arrived today. Used the express post option. Portal 2 and LA noire arrived on the Wednesday for me too when I ordered from 'em.

Did you get a coupon for Deus Ex OnLive? Gamestop in the U.S have created quite a controversy by opening up boxes of Deus Ex and removing the coupon as they deem it to be a competitor service...

Gamestop article

Although, it is possible EU versions won't get the coupon.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Do you live far frm dublin as they podt frm there n apparently d further u live d better chancr u hv of gettin it early. I currently live in monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Liber8or wrote: »
    Did you get a coupon for Deus Ex OnLive? Gamestop in the U.S have created quite a controversy by opening up boxes of Deus Ex and removing the coupon as they deem it to be a competitor service...

Gamestop article

Although, it is possible EU versions won't get the coupon.

I got the PS3 version so no coupon to remove. Was all sealed and grand. Square Enix issued a statement apologising to Gamestop for not informing them of the coupons and Gamestop are just not selling retail copies of the PC version of Deus Ex now.

daryljames wrote: »
    Do you live far frm dublin as they podt frm there n apparently d further u live d better chancr u hv of gettin it early. I currently live in monaghan

I live in Cork city, so post gets here fast enough, not sure what it'd be like further out but imagine it would still get out there by the Thursday I'd say. NOt sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

How much is delivery on zavvi?

Advertisement