Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance

Options
  • 09-08-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Going to Sharm in a few weeks. Planning on doing maybe 5 days diving. Wondering what's the story with insurance and what's the best thing to do.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

1.If you have 'regular' travel insurance (e.g. VHI Aviva etc) you may have some limited level of insurance-personally I took out Aviva for an upcoming Family trip & discovered I am covered to 30m-but check with your insurer.

2.If you are a (Current)CFT Member you have Sportscover insurance-ring CFT for details. Emergency number on rear of Brevet.

3.However may I suggest that you look at DAN (Divers Alert Network) this is a Non-Profit Org. that provides insurance ( & also conducts Dive Medical Research)specific to Divers. The great advantage of DAN IMHO is that in the event of an incident you have the expertise of a DAN Physician 24/7-check the website for details-I have Sport Silver policy which has no depth limit.

http://www.daneurope.org/web/guest/home

Hope this helps & PM me if you want any further clarification

Benny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I would echo the above comment on DAN, it's good value for peace of mind.

One thing though, make sure that whatever policy you get has no depth limit.
    Even though you probably won't want to go below 30m or whatever, if the worst comes to the worst you want to be covered for repatriation of remains. If your policy has no depth limit, then you're covered even if your remains are recovered from depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

I would echo the above comment on DAN, it's good value for peace of mind.

One thing though, make sure that whatever policy you get has no depth limit.
    Even though you probably won't want to go below 30m or whatever, if the worst comes to the worst you want to be covered for repatriation of remains. If your policy has no depth limit, then you're covered even if your remains are recovered from depth.

Thanks locum-moton. I realy hope that no one will have to recover my remains ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

HungryFish wrote: »
    Thanks locum-moton. I realy hope that no one will have to recover my remains ;)

I hope so too!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

when you off to sharm im going back in mid sept i use blue travel insurance covered to 30 metre s

• Advertisement
Advertisement