Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revit Courses in Dublin?

Options
  • 09-08-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Myself and a friend are looking to do course in Revit Architecture and we

heard that it is possible to do it through FAS, is this true?

If so does anyone know how I can find out more information on the course

as it does not appear to be listed on the FAS site?

Any help being pointed in the right direction will be appreciated!

regards,

Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

I did one through fas, they used Paradigm in Dundrum: http://www.paradigm.ie/
    Class size was about 15 so it may be full/long waiting list

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Jagdtiger

Thanks Sickle,

I did stumble across them not long after posting this and I am waiting for a reply from them.

Is it possible to do a course longer for three days with them?

Cheers,

Jon

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Yeah the one I did through FAS was 2 evenings a week over about 6 weeks, it was decent enough course for the basics, the book that comes with it was good too.
    I did have to wait a few months though to do it through fas, its very popular considering the amount of unemployed engineers/architects!

Thanks for the help Sickle, really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

What is a good book for the basics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭bikermartin

tuturiols on you tube are the best.... i started mid last week and have set of planning quality and renders produced :D so am happy with my progress ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mal_1

tuturiols on you tube are the best.... i started mid last week and have set of planning quality and renders produced :D so am happy with my progress ;)

Any chance of a link to those.

Hey,

I have heard that Paradigm may not be doing courses anymore, or at least they are not for the moment.

But I have come across another company that do a 3 day course in Revit Architecture; Acumis technology.

I am just wondering if anyone can recommend Acumis technology, do they have a good reputation?

Cheers,

Jon

mal_1 wrote: »

Any chance of a link to those.
    I would like to see them too

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mal_1

A straight forward google of 'revit 2011 tutorial' will get you to number of series of tutorials which are very good. Have picked most of the techniques by now. It's get kinda addictive learning a new program

• Advertisement

Has anyone got details of the fas run course

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

Hi all. I know this thread is a bit old but im looking into doing a revit course through fas.
    i studied Industrial Design, not architecture and have never used autodesk.
    will this be a problem for using revit?
    also have any of you got a job using revit?
    what were the job requirements, your qualifications and start of salary....sorry i know that quite intrusive, but i dont want to go into this with my head in the clouds.

any recommendations on things i should do so i get a job using revit: exams or qualifications i should get, autodesk etc would be appreciated.

Owen

• Subscribers Posts: 41,077 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

owen85 wrote: »
    Hi all. I know this thread is a bit old but im looking into doing a revit course through fas.
    i studied Industrial Design, not architecture and have never used autodesk.
    will this be a problem for using revit?
    also have any of you got a job using revit?
    what were the job requirements, your qualifications and start of salary....sorry i know that quite intrusive, but i dont want to go into this with my head in the clouds.

any recommendations on things i should do so i get a job using revit: exams or qualifications i should get, autodesk etc would be appreciated.

Owen

on the bolded part, id nearly say its a bonus not to be coming from an autocad background as the drafting method and interface is so different as to be significant. The interface, input method and property augmentation is totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Autodesk is changing user interface all the time so any old Autodesk software experience wouldn't be beneficial with any new.
    Anyway - would like to ask any latest recommendation for certified Revit 2015 (2016?) course in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 spiderdrums

I've been working on live Revit projects for the last 3 years and had originally done a course with Arcdox in Sandyford. Found the course very useful with practical topics. They tailor the courses so you should find something to suit.
    There's also an excellent book called "Revit architecture no experience required" and is an excellent starting point, its a huge book but you fly through it and there's a website where you can download the course material on, well worth the 20 quid you'll pay for it online. I bought the 2015 version last week and they update it every year but most of the material is still the same as the 2012 version which I originally had.
    Worth getting.

I'm not that familiar with Revit but I know Autocad interface changed significantly from 2014 to 2015 version. But maybe it is only for Autocad.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mzn

Guys
    for job prospect, what would you recommend me
    AutoCAD
    Revit
    BIM
    ? please advise, i had AutoCad 2000 which is old but im not sure which path is good for market ?

mzn wrote: »
    Guys
    for job prospect, what would you recommend me
    AutoCAD
    Revit
    BIM
    ? please advise, i had AutoCad 2000 which is old but im not sure which path is good for market ?

Acad 2000 is a history like Windows 2000. Things changed completely since then. There is no perpetual (never ending) licences for Autodesk any more - you obtain time limited licence now (like with Adobe CC) - for month or year. But they have great politics "for studnets" - you can download any recent software legally for free if you register as student on autodesk.com.

So you can download latest Autocad or Revit and check it our on your own. From what I see with new licence politics most of businesses use latest software version anyway.

BIM - this is something else, more like engineering philosophy rather then just software. It is multidisciplinary and includes design as well as planning, processes management, surveying, accounting, etc. Lot of different software can be called BIM - it's not just Revit.

So all depends how far you want and can to go in learning.

Advertisement