Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ignorant parking really annoys me

Options
  • 09-08-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭

In all my years of driving, I have never ever once parked in a dedicated Wheelchair Users spot, and it really pisses me off to see how many people actually do this, I dont even do it round at the local spar when i'm just running in for a carton of milk, I think it is unbelievably rude and inconsiderate.

Now that I have kids, I try and look for a parent and child spot. Again, not somewhere I would have ever parked before, because I didn't qualify! I never took any notice of these before, but they are actually a bit bigger which pretty much is a requirement when you have car seats and prams to deal with. It's all well and good getting your door half open and squeezing out, but you just can't squeeze a baby seat out a gap that ain't big enough. There are so many people that don't give a fiddlers about these spots either, only last week a foreign guy on his own in the car qued up as I pulled out of a parent a child spot in the Blanch centre without a care in the world. I had a good mind to get out and give him a piece of my mind.

Something I regularily do now is if I see someone parking in one of these spots who doesn't deserve to be there, ie. no sticker in the window or no kiddy seats in the back, I do say things like "where is your wheelchair" or "you shouldn't be parking there". The reply is generally something like "I'll only be a few mioutes" or "none of your business", maybe even a blank stare, but nobody has ever once gone and moved their car.

Another thing that pisses me off is those who feel the need to take up two spaces in a car park.... WHY????????? these cars should be clamped and made pay double whatever their parking fee is plus a release fine. Most the car parks are tight enough! In fact, the same goes for the above wheelchair and kiddy spot offenders, clamp these too and make em pay.

Car park attendants need to get tough!!!

So I'm driving through the Phoenix park today and there must have been something on in the Zoo cause the place was thronged. Again, no respect shown, the cycle lanes on either side of the road with loads of cars just parked in them & not a care in the world by the drivers. There is even bloody double yellow lines here, how thick can they all be!!! This in particular bugs me because now I'm cycling in and out this way most days, and even delivery vans doing it in the city bound lane "just for a few minutes" in the morning cause a dangerous hazard as the bikes have to dash out to the middle of the road to pass them by.

And big deal, there were a few stickers put on the offenders cars today by the park ranger. No fine, no clamp, nothing to bother about really, they will just do it again because they didn't care in the first place anyway!!!

It is the same on busy Sundays around the corner on Lords walk, cars parked on the double yellows so now cars a meeting head on going up and down the road can't even pass each other!!! Tools...... grrrrrr

As for the dingbats who park on corners in places such as in front of the ice cream van, the yellow lines are the for a reason, coming from Lords walk, if a car is parked in front of Mr Whippy, it just makes it impossible to see up the road to move out safely!!!

OPW need to get the act together and start clamping a few of these ignorant fools because their little stickers aint worth a damn!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

I totally agree with you. It's too common everywhere.
    What annoys me a lot is what happens beside my local lidl shop, sample:

parkingak.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What I marked as red cars is what people to ALL the time. I just can't believe it! If they could they would drive inside the shop, couse they are too lazy to walk few meters! :mad:
    Parking in that place is really big and there are always always empty spaces, but no -they have to park, just beside the entrance and block this narrow space between shop and buliding beside!
    Leaving car just in front of parking space (red car on the left) is something what I've seen two or three times -could somebody explain it please -I dont get it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

I came across this website recently...
    http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/
    It has a handy download that you can printout & put on peoples cars if you so wish!
    I understand completely what both of you are saying... Personally I dont have 'the balls' to park on double yellows, in wheelchair spots, etc.. but I dont have 'the balls' to confront these people either!
    Damn I need to get some!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement