Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A true race of champions

Options
  • 09-08-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Wouldn't it be great to see the last ten years winning cars race against each other, imagine the 02 ferrari against the 04 Ferrari against the 09 Brawn and the RBR and all teh cars inbetween. I think it would be quite the spectacle, especially considering all the regs that have come into play in the last ten years concerning engine and aero. Pity it would never happen!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

Could qualification times be used as a quick glance of what this could be like if it were to happen?

I would imagine it would all have been low fuel across the years. Evens it out a bit taking race regs out like one set of tyres a race if my memory serves me right.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

I'm not so sure, on a lot of tracks the track records are still held by cars from 5/6 years ago. The cars have been made slower through regulating the engines/decreasing rpm. What the RBR makes up for in aerodynamics the older cars make up for in power. I think it would be an interesting thing to see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

You'd have to let them run according to the regulations of their respective years as that's what they were designed to. The Ferrari F2004 would run rings around this years Red Bull!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Kevski wrote: »
    You'd have to let them run according to the regulations of their respective years as that's what they were designed to. The Ferrari F2004 would run rings around this years Red Bull!

It would in race trim but the qualifying battle would be pretty close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Not to mention tyres would be a massive factor.

Wouldn't that Ferrari be running on tyres with those ridiculous grooves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Just wait 10 years and some of them might appear in the EuroBOSS series.

Speaking of which does anyone know if its going to be coming back to Mondello anytime soon?

Advertisement